Folding mirrors in when driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Waitforme

Car
E400D Coupé PP Cavansite Blue, Mini Countryman SD , Cayman
Is it possible to fold the mirrors in while driving on tight country roads ?
I tried it today but they didn’t fold, not sure if there is a way to do it though ?
2019 E400 coupe for ref.

Isn't there a legal requirement for at least two rear view mirrors while driving? Folding in the door mirrors would be a breach.

Hmm, maybe I didn’t hold the button in for long enough , it was the button in front of the mirror buttons. Will try it again , both under 8mph and at higher speed.

Thanks guys.

On my older W212 I do it regularly (while moving) as I live/drive through narrow country lanes a lot. Never noticed a speed limit on it, just one press (not holding), but the newer cars might well be different.

Isn't there a legal requirement for at least two rear view mirrors while driving? Folding in the door mirrors would be a breach.
If you had a second interior mirror that would meet the requirement, so I doubt it's that.

just drive fast and side swipe them. They soon fall off and problem solved😀

Tried it the other day, they will fold in below 20mph and stay folded until opened out again, no matter the speed.

On my 2016 SLC the mirrors will not fold unless I'm doing 29mph or less, at 30 they will not fold. Will fold out at any speed. YET on my wifes 2013 Honda Jazz they fold in at ANY speed. Why does Mercedes have to be so damn different & awkward? BTW & off topic, the Jazz alloys at 50k miles are almost as new - the SLC - guess what? At 40k miles they already have the dreaded white worm & areas of delamination.

Wonder what it does to mpg when you cruise for an hour at 70 ?

Asking on behalf of a Greta

Tried the fold in speed a couple of days ago, mine will fold in whilst moving at up to 30mph, I’m pretty sure my previous car was the same.

My current car is an 2020 E Coupe the previous car was a 2016 S212.

Robin

Believe it needs to be under 8 mph
Well, definitely not the case with my 2019 E63. Maybe true on newer cars but I really don't know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom