Folding mirrors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mickymerc

Car
Mercedes C Class
Is it normal for the mirrors to only unfold as you open the door, all other cars I've had the mirrors have unfolded when you press the unlock button.

c class c200 elegance

W204 folds out if you open either front door.

Is it normal for the mirrors to only unfold as you open the door, all other cars I've had the mirrors have unfolded when you press the unlock button.

c class c200 elegance[/QUOTE

My E Class they unfold when you open the door.

Sorry I forgot it's 2012, and judging by a couple of the replies it's ok/normal so I'm not worried, thank you everybody for taking time to read/reply.

On the W205 c class, the mirrors unfold when you unlock the car.

I think MB have got that wrong, seems odd for the mirrors to unfold when you unlock or open a door let alone the extra wear on motors and cabling. I know this by experience of spending £250 on a new wiring harness for a door mirror on an ML! My Audi mirrors don't unfold until you start the engine, much better IMO.

I think MB have got that wrong, seems odd for the mirrors to unfold when you unlock or open a door let alone the extra wear on motors and cabling. I know this by experience of spending £250 on a new wiring harness for a door mirror on an ML! My Audi mirrors don't unfold until you start the engine, much better IMO.

What's the difference between the Mirrors Unfolding when either the Door is Unlocked or Opened and Opening when the Ignition/Engine is Started?:rolleyes:

I presume yours Fold on Ignition/Engine Off, so the Wear Factor/Amount of Times the "Fold/Unfold" takes place is the same! :dk:

Last edited:
What's the difference between the Mirrors Unfolding when either the Door is Unlocked or Opened and Opening when the Ignition/Engine is Started?:rolleyes:

I presume yours Fold on Ignition/Engine Off, so the Wear Factor/Amount of Times the "Fold/Unfold" takes place is the same! :dk:
The difference is that you don't want the mirrors unfolding just because you want something out of the car. Whenever I clean my car I don't need the mirrors to unfold either. Why have the mirrors unfolding whenever a garage wants to check mileage, there are many scenarios. I think you only need the mirrors unfolding when you are actually going to drive somewhere.

I agree with flowrider.

There are numerous times where I needed to grab something and it’s located in the doorcard.

I prefer the W203 way.....i get in and start the car and the mirrors have still not moved until i press a button to open them.
Still legal if you forget them as the interior mirror is still there?

On mine I can change the settings to open the mirrors when I open a front door, or only when I press the button.

On mine I can change the settings to open the mirrors when I open a front door, or only when I press the button.
I think all Mercs (and my Lexus) have this functionality. One can choose auto or manual folding

I prefer the W203 way.....i get in and start the car and the mirrors have still not moved until i press a button to open them.
Still legal if you forget them as the interior mirror is still there?

This is what I had on my W203 as well.

However that meant that I had to manually fold the mirrors before removing the key from the ignition. So opening the driver's door was risky due to cyclists... you had to crack the door open then look back before opening wide.

I then did the 'automatic fold/unfold' mod, and the mirrors folded when locking the car then unfolded when opening either one of front doors.

This worked well for a number of years until the infamous wiring loom finally went on the passanger side...

This is what I had on my W203 as well.

However that meant that I had to manually fold the mirrors before removing the key from the ignition. So opening the driver's door was risky due to cyclists... you had to crack the door open then look back before opening wide.

I then did the 'automatic fold/unfold' mod, and the mirrors folded when locking the car then unfolded when opening either one of front doors.

This worked well for a number of years until the infamous wiring loom finally went on the passanger side...

I just remember what traffic is there when folding or use my interior mirror when i get out to avoid anything.....i do prefer the manual option as sometimes i get in the car just to get something.

One other good thing is that when going to get out you can look in the mirror for cyclist and at the same time press the button and take the key out while exiting the car....you don`t have to wait before the mirror has folded before you take the key out!!

My mirrors only fold or unfold when I tell them to by pressing the button.
That's how I would want it.
The only thing I really miss (which I had on the W210 E430) was the N/S mirror tilting down slightly when I selected reverse.
I always thought that was really useful.

My mirrors only fold or unfold when I tell them to by pressing the button.
That's how I would want it.
The only thing I really miss (which I had on the W210 E430) was the N/S mirror tilting down slightly when I selected reverse.
I always thought that was really useful.
Available only when you have memory seats.

....... That car had memory-everything !!

....... That car had memory-everything !!
But does your present car?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom