Folding mirrors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuz1070

Car
2009 c class cdi sport
I have a 2009 c class 220.does anyone else's mirrors rub on the chrome trim when folding in

I have a 2009 c class 220.does anyone else's mirrors rub on the chrome trim when folding in

I don't have a 2009 W204, but I have experience with folding mirrors on other MB cars, and I am pretty certain they should not rub on any trim bits...

Last edited:
There is a school of thought that says 'do not fold them unless you really have to' The wires that run in them are thin and weak and break. Some people fold their mirrors for years without problems, some not so lucky.

On my car the L/H mirror did not defrost, I removed it and immediately found a broken wire. A pretty easy fix if you have all the correct tools and a soldering iron...not so cheap and easy if you take it to a garage.

No car I have ever driven with folding mirrors has ever seen the mirror 'rub' on anything, strange one that . Photos ?

...Some people fold their mirrors for years without problems, some not so lucky....

The left mirror on my previous W203 had the wires repeatedly broken. The right mirror never gave any grief. Go figure....

The left mirror on my previous W203 had the wires repeatedly broken. The right mirror never gave any grief. Go figure....
Like the left headlamp on the Opel Astra we had (that I have mentioned on here before) It faded really badly, the right hand one stayed perfect throughout . The car had been in the family from brand new so I knew it wasn't a replacement, probably made on a different shift (obviously in a different mold) , possibly even in a different factory . :dk:

Cars can spend easily 80-90% of their life parked, sun damage perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom