folding side mirrors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shadowlord

anyone here have done the installation?. and what do you need. Here is what i think;

1. motorised folding mirror
2. the folding/unfolding button on your headlamp console

TIA.

j

Yeah I did folding mirrors about a year ago (previous car, yet to install them on the current car). You need the mirror units themselves, the button, and the model specific folding mirrors cable (for ease of installation).

I will be re-fitting my mirrors soon, and I have a plan for the installation which involves me making a wiring harness to go between what I have and what the mirror needs.

Originally posted by GRAV888
Step by step installation picture guide I hope Shude?:D
of course :)

I already have the mirrors, they're just in the wrong colour now, MBenzNL has offered to swap the housings, so next time I'm in NL I will do so! :D

In the meantime there is no reason why I can't prepare all the wiring for them I suppose...

Nick .... Steve is going to be at the GTG - no need to go to NL !! (He's bringing me some mirrors too :D :D ) :bannana:

Originally posted by sym
Nick .... Steve is going to be at the GTG - no need to go to NL !! (He's bringing me some mirrors too :D :D ) :bannana:
Oh cr*p so I have to get the wiring done before when? D*mn I'm not even signed up for the GTG, is there still room?

:eek: :eek: 16 August m8.... loads of time.

I already have the wiring - (but I'm a cheat, I bought the car with folding mirrors already on it ;) )

S.

Originally posted by sym
:eek: :eek: 16 August m8.... loads of time.

I already have the wiring - (but I'm a cheat, I bought the car with folding mirrors already on it ;) )

S.

So if you're car has folding mirrors already on it, why do you need mirrors from Steve?:confused:

Originally posted by jimmy
So if you're car has folding mirrors already on it, why do you need mirrors from Steve?:confused:
He needs indicating ones :)

bling bling !

(CORRECT !!)

S.

Originally posted by Shude
Oh cr*p so I have to get the wiring done before when? D*mn I'm not even signed up for the GTG, is there still room?

I'm sure we can make room for your Nick, no excuses. Better had enrole though as I think it's getting tight.

Originally posted by Shude
Yeah I did folding mirrors about a year ago (previous car, yet to install them on the current car). You need the mirror units themselves, the button, and the model specific folding mirrors cable (for ease of installation).

I will be re-fitting my mirrors soon, and I have a plan for the installation which involves me making a wiring harness to go between what I have and what the mirror needs.

shude: any indicative pricing for all the 3 items? cheers.

joshua

Originally posted by Shadowlord
shude: any indicative pricing for all the 3 items? cheers.
If you want stealership prices,
Mirrors are about a grand, wiring is £30, button is £10 and my wiring harness bits would come to about another £10 or something. I recommend that you ask the forum member Steve (MBenzNL) ( [email protected] ), he probably has some mirrors in stock, he can wire them for you so they plug into your existing cables (still need to run wires for indicating/folding/dimming where applicable) and he will want about 1/3 of the price :) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom