Follow the route up Mount Everest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
ioweddie said:
KEEP AN EYE ON THE ELEVATION, LEFT SIDE OF YOUR COMPUTER SCREEN, AND THEN MOVE THE MOUSE WHEN YOU GET TO THE TOP TO SEE A PANORAMIC VIEW. Its almost like being there and there's a 360 degree view from the top! http://everestavalanchetragedy.com/mt-everest-journey.html

Thanks for sharing. I am away at the moment but have recorded the programme. I really would love a crack at the climb but the wife said she would divorce me. Hmmm choices!

Thanks for sharing. I am away at the moment but have recorded the programme. I really would love a crack at the climb but the wife said she would divorce me. Hmmm choices!

It is certainly an experience, but a very expensive one. I read somewhere that a very cheap climb is north of £20k and most spend circa £90k+ for a fully supported expedition.

Very interesting. I'd love to know the scale of things en route for instance the lumpy ice at the start. Are they the size of footballs, houses or what?

ChrisEdu said:
It is certainly an experience, but a very expensive one. I read somewhere that a very cheap climb is north of £20k and most spend circa £90k+ for a fully supported expedition.

60k all in with extra oxygen

Stratman said:
Very interesting. I'd love to know the scale of things en route for instance the lumpy ice at the start. Are they the size of footballs, houses or what?

The khumbu ice flow has glacier blocks from small to over 90 feet.

I don't personally understand why someone would want to climb this, but I take my hat of to them nonetheless.

I grasp why someone wants to do it before anyone else, to conquer it. But not why you'd choose to do it for the hell of it, given the obvious risks.

That said I'd never choose to throw myself out of a perfectly good aircraft either. So to some degree I guess I'm a little risk averse.

I'd rather take the cable car to the top. :)

Red C220 said:
I don't personally understand why someone would want to climb this, but I take my hat of to them nonetheless. I grasp why someone wants to do it before anyone else, to conquer it. But not why you'd choose to do it for the hell of it, given the obvious risks. That said I'd never choose to throw myself out of a perfectly good aircraft either. So to some degree I guess I'm a little risk averse.

Because it's there and you can. You don't need to be 1st to conquer something but it in this case you need to conquer yourself. Some people don't want to or need to, some people get a kick out of challenging themselves and you can't get much bigger Than this.

I am in but don't tell the wife!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom