Foot brake cable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sean2e0saf

Car
C220 w204
Hi all i have changed my rear disks inc shoes and pads today.
The foot brake was poor and to be fair still is..

Apart from the adjusters in the hubs is there any other adjustments to tighten foot brake

I find i have to press foot pedal right to its end of travel before its holding car on a incline

Today the hubs were not spinning freely and the adjusters were full off...!

Any help or info please cheers all

Under the car below the rear seat area should be an adjustable quadrant/splitter?

Just checked nothing under my back seats at all... only connectons for diesel tank

There is normally a round metal plate held on with a couple of screws and a threaded stud and nut.
Removing this gives access to the adjuster.

Tony

On my W211 the centre adjuster is accessible only from under the car.

You have to take off an exhaust heat shield so ensure that car is cold.

After taking the time to clean and lubricate my hub adjusters, the faffing had dislocated both cables off the central adjuster.

I didn't discover this until after hours of head scratching as to why I had no parking brake at all when both hub adjusters had been taken to their limits.:doh:

In the OP's scenario its possible that only one side has dislocated in which case it will elongate towards the side still connected which would explain it engaging at the end of the pedal travel. The centre adjuster is otherwise self adjusting.

Just a thought but probably best to keep this to one post otherwise it becomes difficult to follow and you may find you do not get the answers you are looking for.

Also, technically it is your Parking brake you are having issues with, to most the Footbrake would mean the main wheel braking pedal.

Try here :Mercedes-Benz W204 Parking Brake Adjustment - (2008-2014) C250, C300, C350 | Pelican Parts DIY Maintenance Article

I refer as foot brake as its operated with your foot not hand...

The attached link takes me to something i already knew. What the question asks is if there is another location to adjust the brake..

I refer as foot brake as its operated with your foot not hand...

The attached link takes me to something i already knew. What the question asks is if there is another location to adjust the brake..

As fellow MB owners we are aware that the brake you are referring too is foot operated.There are two brakes you operate with your foot, hence parking brake being more descriptive of your problem.

If adjusting as per my posted link does not help then the cable adjuster must be under the vehicle but all the advice I can find on-line suggests only adjusting at the rear wheels.

WIS shows adjustment only at the rear drums for the W204

Adjust the thumb wheel until the shoes make contact with the drum, then slacken off adjuster by 8 teeth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom