foot well lighting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIG_G_1979

Car
E280 CDI SPORT
Hi all, im currently in the middle of upgrading my footwell lights to leds, all is good I get to the last one (drivers footwell) when I put the led into the light it flashes and makes all the others flash at the same time and whenever I put oem bulb back in its back to normal and all other leds in the footwell act normal. Anyone any idea why this is happening? The leds are ok as ive swapped them about

I'm guessing that whatever drives them is thinking that a bulb has gone due to the low impedance of the leds and is pulsing the voltage to detect if a bulb has been fitted.
This is how the current is applied to external lamps.

There is an easy workaround. Install the led in as required but run a couple of flyleads to the bulb and keep it in the circuit, but mounted somewhere else - where the heat generated won't cause issues.

Should sort it.

Tried a canbus error led but same thing happens gutted

Oh dear :(
Back to the first suggestion.
A bit of messing around but it should work.

Btw did you try the error free led both ways round as they can be polarity sensitive.

Yes mate tried both way round, strange that all the other 3 footwell lights with same leds work no problem its just the drivers one!

Try swapping the drivers amd passenger bulb and see what happens, a faulty bulb can cause this.

Putting a suitable resistor in parallel with one of the LEDs will almost certainly solve this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom