footbrake adjustment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

masmas

Car
320sl 95
Hi,would anyone know how to adjust footbrake on a w129 sl,thanks in advance.

It is done on two places.

1.Remove the rear wheels.
2. Use a torch through the wheel bolt holes to locate the parking brake adjuster and turn it until the brake disc can't be moved.
3. Turn the adjuster 5 clicks until the brake disc moves.
4. Do this for both sides

The other adjuster is above the prop at the back. This adjusts the cable.

It is done on two places.

1.Remove the rear wheels.
2. Use a torch through the wheel bolt holes to locate the parking brake adjuster and turn it until the brake disc can't be moved.
3. Turn the adjuster 5 clicks until the brake disc moves.
4. Do this for both sides

The other adjuster is above the prop at the back. This adjusts the cable.

Olly does this procedure apply to the 202 as well?

talking of adjusting

on my 1994 w124 e320 coupe

i was at a merc place last year and said that as my hand controlls hit the underside of my steering wheel i can only get 85% acceleration at best so cant get full kickdown

so the bloke said there was a thing under the bonnet that he adjusted that should have ment less peddal travel to reach 100% acceleration

when i got to the motorway about half an hour later i had virtually no kickdown

so i think he turned it the wrong way

any idea where it is or how to do it so that i can get more acceleration via needing less peddal movement?

talking of adjusting

on my 1994 w124 e320 coupe

i was at a merc place last year and said that as my hand controlls hit the underside of my steering wheel i can only get 85% acceleration at best so cant get full kickdown

so the bloke said there was a thing under the bonnet that he adjusted that should have ment less peddal travel to reach 100% acceleration

when i got to the motorway about half an hour later i had virtually no kickdown

so i think he turned it the wrong way

any idea where it is or how to do it so that i can get more acceleration via needing less peddal movement?

I don't think you can:confused:

The linkage needs modifing really:thumb:

so how do i go about having that done

ive adjusted my hand controlls as much as possible as the go pedal has alot of travel even before you make it go at all

its very annoying as when my friends drive it its like a rocket and when i drive it its slower as it gets in the way of the steering wheel

i could always remove the steering wheel

If the mech made it worse by adjusting it surely it must be possible to make it better or at least as good as it was before he touched it?

Not sure if same as yours but look at item 164 bottom pic http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb2.asp?TP=1&F=210055&M=104%2E995&GA=722%2E329722%2E509722%2E605&CT=F&cat=45P&SID=30&SGR=015&SGN=01 , mine is on the driver side by the fusebox, lisas ml320 was on the firewall roughly in the middle and i think her old w210 e320 with the m104 engine was also on the firewall but passenger side.

Lynall

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom