FOOTMAN JAMES classic car breakdown insurance, alternative?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Parisien

Car
SL320
I am currently insured with the above company for my 4 Mercedes classics, on phoning up today to renew after receiving a reminder letter they now tell me its being discontinued!

They were very competitive and offered EU wide cover, anyone else the forum can recommend?

P

We have personal cover from Green Flag, albeit purchased through the Caravan Club. We've always been pleased with the cost and service.

With personal cover, we as individuals are covered rather than the cars we drive, so you could associate your newest car with the policy (because they do ask for the registration number and model) but then be covered on your classics too.

Good idea, will check out, do they offer EU wide cover, being in N Ireland, we frequently cross into the Republic of Ireland?

P

Good idea, will check out, do they offer EU wide cover, being in N Ireland, we frequently cross into the Republic of Ireland?

P

I would double check to be sure. When we go out of the country we're usually in a car covered by Mobilo so never thought to check.

Nearly double the price of FJ policy, plus they don't cover cars over 16yrs old, anyone got any other classic oriented breakdown cover providers, who also offer EU cover?

P

Last edited:
I'm insured with A Plan and have there European recovery insurance.

A Nationwide Flex Account with a small monthly charge (10 I think) offers full EU breakdown cover with no age limit. Fortunately we have never had to use it but I understand its via Britannia Rescue

Thanks guys for feedback, my current classic car insurer offers limited breakdown cover, so if I venture onto the continent, will consider updating.

P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom