Footwell lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good stuff!

I did exactly the same on my CLK, footwell aswell as the ambient light under the RVM

2d0db7af21f335e9a98ba05422f7d644.jpg

From the back you can remove the bulb holders to solder the wires to, then the foot well lights work exactly the same as the interior lights do [emoji106]

Did you really manage to solder in to those bulb holders? They are really small and not much of the contacts exposed. Mine is much the same but with four bulbs. That's why I thought of the switch although it means dismantling the unit to get at it. If I could figure out the wiring diagram and identify the feed to it I wondered if I could splice in to it which would save a lot of bother. Any way will have another look at the bulbs.

I tried that first, my plan was to tap in to the feed from the front light to the rear light, but its all done by can bus so there are no switched feed to connect to.

the pictures seem to be back now and you can see I have soldered to the bulb holders and how.

Good stuff!

I did exactly the same on my CLK, footwell aswell as the ambient light under the RVM

I already have the ambiance light under the RVM, but I like the idea of ambient lighting in the footwells, looks like I have another project

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guessing RVM is Rear View Mirror, as it's been referred to previously as having a light under it.

how could be possible the ambient foot light?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom