For all you A Class Diesel Lovers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks OK , it's a manual too which means that the gearbox isn't a time bomb.

Just found another one too. Hence the edit, are these really cheap or is it just me.

I think they are cheap for a reason.

The W168 is not the best car ever that's for sure. The W169 was a lot, lot better. Although still over-priced

James, kwakdonut

Have either of you owned or ran an A class... :)

From what I read on this forum almost every Merc has issiues if you listen to peoples problems they have 'heared' about....

Its best to hear from actual owners who have ran the cars in my book.

James, kwakdonut

Have either of you owned or ran an A class... :)

From what I read on this forum almost every Merc has issiues if you listen to peoples problems they have 'heared' about....

Its best to hear from actual owners who have ran the cars in my book.

Yes thanks! A W169 180 CDi Avantgarde.

I used to moan about A classes , then we bought one.

Do your homework , find out what goes wrong ( from people who have actually owned one ) and go into buying one with your eyes open.

Ours is a great little car , i can't beleive i slagged them off for so long.

Yes , they are cheap for a reason , they are an older car now and prices have dropped , coupled with the fact that 'honest john' :rolleyes: and the man on the internet says 'don't buy one' ....

Sure there are certain types to avoid ( auto and CVT ) but the manuals will go forever.

I've got a friend with one ... A140 w168 , 170000 miles , used as a van day in day out , thoroughly abused , never serviced , always full to the brim with stuff . He just wants it to die so that he has an excuse for a new car , but it just refuses to stop working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom