For all you owners of cuckoo clocks..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pammy

MB Enthusiast
Car
hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
The other night I was invited out for a night with "the girls." I told my husband that I would be home by midnight, "I promise!"

Well, the hours passed and the champagne was going down way too easy. Around 3 a.m.,drunk as a skunk, I headed for home. Just as I got in the door, the cuckoo clock in the hall started up & cuckooed 3 times. Quickly, realising he'd probably wake up, I cuckooed another 9 times.

I was really proud of myself for coming up with such a quick-witted solution (even when smashed), in order to escape a possible conflict with him. The next morning my husband asked me what time I got in, & I told him 12:00. He didn't seem disturbed at all. Whew! Got away with that one!

Then he said,- "We need a new cuckoo clock."

When I asked him why, he said, "Well, last night our clock cuckooed three times, then said, "Oh shit", cuckooed 4 more times, cleared its throat, cuckooed another 3 times, giggled, cuckooed twice more, and then tripped over the cat and farted

pammy said:
The other night I was invited out for a night with "the girls." I told my husband that I would be home by midnight, "I promise!"

Well, the hours passed and the champagne was going down way too easy. Around 3 a.m.,drunk as a skunk, I headed for home. Just as I got in the door, the cuckoo clock in the hall started up & cuckooed 3 times. Quickly, realising he'd probably wake up, I cuckooed another 9 times.

I was really proud of myself for coming up with such a quick-witted solution (even when smashed), in order to escape a possible conflict with him. The next morning my husband asked me what time I got in, & I told him 12:00. He didn't seem disturbed at all. Whew! Got away with that one!

When I asked him why, he said, "Well, last night our clock cuckooed three times, then said, "Oh shit", cuckooed 4 more times, cleared its throat, cuckooed another 3 times, giggled, cuckooed twice more, and then tripped over the cat and farted

Nice one Pammy :cool:

PS: Is it true?

NormanB

NormanB said:
Nice one Pammy :cool:

PS: Is it true?

NormanB

aaaaaah - that'd be telling;)

Actually - on this occassion that wasn't me - I was a good girl this weekend and only had a ocuple of glasses of wine - not least because the b****y pub couldn't get it chilled enough - and there's nowt worse than warm white wine - yeuch:crazy:

There have been times when I could have qualified tho;) :cool:

lotusmark2 said:
So the rumours about your weekend dress code are true then Brian :D

Don't tell everyone. :D :D

I prefer them on my women actually. Thats why I get suspense and suspenders mixed up. One track mind mate. :D :D lol

Some years ago my brother in law returned home in a similar state, maybe a lot worse. but no clock to worry about for him. No, for some reason he staggers around divesting himself of all clothing before throwing up into a wastebin and promptly going to sleep on the hall floor.

Sister in law is awoken by the noise, goes downstairs and appalled by the scene before her does nothing more than throw an old blanket over him.

Morning comes. Children scamper downstairs only to thunder back up again alarmed. "Mummy, Mummy, something is asleep in the hall and it smells horrible!"

"Something smelly & horrible, darling? That would be your father.................."

pammy said:

LOL :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom