For caravanners' eyes only - we're getting a new one!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I seem to recall seeing on the news the outcome of the weather there last week. Looked pretty grim. Can't comment on some owners not moving them in time (we live in a slight hill) but a good result for you with some new orders.

One of the caravan storage sites around me (Littlehampton Marina) was under about 2 feet of water....I cant believe so many were stupid enough to leave there vans there when they had a full 48 hours notice of the storm surge and high tide. Some customer did retrieve there vans the evening before....other didnt! Had three insurance replacement deals out of it so far with another fallen on my desk this morning....every cloud and all that!!
With so much warning Im surprised the insurance are not be more hardball about it.....under the "taking reasonable care" part of the policy. Many wont pay for awning damage if you are daft enough to leave it up with a storm forecast......cant say I blame them to be honest.

In 2008 we were at a big week-long event that suddenly flooded when a nearby river overflowed. A few people had booked hire caravans that had been delivered on site and secured with wheel clamps, so nobody could move them. A lot of people were pulled out by tractors but the Vito got us out OK without any assistance :thumb:

cap1.JPG

Further back a big Easter show at Stratford racecourse got flooded when the Avon burst its banks. The exit was cut off by the rising water and people had to pay the owner of an adjacent property cash to take down a panel fence so they could get out by driving through his garden. A couple of caravans didn't make it and were swept away down the river. Scary stuff. Luckily this was the night before the event started so only the organisers and setup helpers were on site - 24 hours later and it would have been a catastrophe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom