For caravanners' eyes only - we're getting a new one!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well that's right, but we just don't use sites that have no decent lecky. Even CL's now have seen the attraction of offering hook-up and showers so that's the ones we use.

Side of the caravan, Orange light nearest the front... It's not a reflector, unless it flashes in time with the indicators :)

Yes my father in law says his flash too. They appear half way along the outfit so some method in it. Never seen another caravan with the feature though.

Had chance to play with it yet, or waiting for the weekend?

Been playing...
Lack of 12v solved. reason is a retrofitted charger has been fitted, but was turned off. Electrics seem odd. But do work. Switch found under nearside seat. Again a retrofit. Not sure what for.
New blind ordered for door as a crack in the frame. Not an essential, but was available in limited quantity.
There is a join in the roadlight cable. I have a 13 pin socket on the car so intended to rewire from inside caravan to 13 pin. But, unlike the previous caravan there is no convenient junction box at front. Road Lights and 12S are at different ends of caravan. I've decided to use a waterproof junction box under the caravan and will wire through that.
Attempted to track down a centre front window. I knew about this (it was obvious anyway) and it is budgeted for in the cost of the van. They broke it on last trip and did not want to send off while trying to sell. Looks like I'm going to have to go down road of replacement. Apparently even knackered caravans at our age get repaired so breakers don't get them.
Now electrics are working it seems the loo does not flush. It's probably the pump, which is a £13 part.

Not much going to happen till the weekend now, as on the road for a couple of days.

None of these are serious, and all are the sort of thing that would happen with the old caravan. The difference being I would have sorted it... Seller was clueless and I think would have had to take it to workshop hence why I suspect that have built up.

Can you mount your waterproof box in the front locker somewhere? That would be better than underneath.

It might be an option. But I'm also reluctant to run electrics through the gas locker..

My intention is to use waterproof heatshrink connector, with heatshrink over the top, and then in the waterproof junction box which has 3 glands, so one each for cables in, and one for 13 pin for cable out

Lots of little things the owner can't do for themself points too a good deal

It might be an option. But I'm also reluctant to run electrics through the gas locker..

My intention is to use waterproof heatshrink connector, with heatshrink over the top, and then in the waterproof junction box which has 3 glands, so one each for cables in, and one for 13 pin for cable out

With the best will in the world these things are never as waterproof as one might like. If you'd come up the M6 today and seen some of the water being flung about you may just reconsider. I don't consider electrics in the gas box to be any risk since the bottom of these things is usually well ventilated to the outside and if the car is hooked-on the gas should be shut off at the bottle anyway.

With the best will in the world these things are never as waterproof as one might like. If you'd come up the M6 today and seen some of the water being flung about you may just reconsider. I don't consider electrics in the gas box to be any risk since the bottom of these things is usually well ventilated to the outside and if the car is hooked-on the gas should be shut off at the bottle anyway.

You have convinced me. Will be better than working underneath as well!

Quote from NZ caravan forum in Dec 2016:

"Price wise the exact caravan that i'm purchasing even with adding shipping and charges etc is still $10k cheaper than what I can buy here for."

I'm getting some interest in our old caravan.... from New Zealand.

Was a bit suspicous, but actually exporting has become a thing.... Did not understand why until I looked at their version of ebay... https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/caravans-motorhomes/caravans/21-24-ft/auction-1224260737.htm

The only slightly unusual thing I've been asked is if I would deliver it to Immingham or Hull. Not so far.

I was at our caravan storage the other day and the resident engineer was prepping our neighbour's van for export to NZ. According to him it's a regular occurrence. Having been in NZ last year and seen the hideous US built vans they're towing I'm not at all surprised.

I remember when I bought my current caravan way back in 2004 the dealer practically bit my hand off to get my previous one in part-ex ... they paid almost what it had cost me new 5 years before! They'd sold their entire year's allocation of new stock by February so were actually scouring the small ads for good quality secondhand vans to keep the place ticking over!

k1G8O
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet [/IMG]

That was easy. Sold yesterday to the first person who viewed. Paid exactly what I was looking for (which was £250 less than asking).

I think I have seen an increase in value of about £500 in the 4.5 years that I have owned it. I like this number!

That was easy. Sold yesterday to the first person who viewed. Paid exactly what I was looking for (which was £250 less than asking).

I think I have seen an increase in value of about £500 in the 4.5 years that I have owned it. I like this number!
Excellent result!

Almost makes up for the dog that i have bought....

I'm exaggerating slightly - but there is definitely more work to do than I anticipated, or had been led to believe. The electrics are definitely flaky, to start with, but someone has annoyingly been there before me. I think I have no 12v electrics. Someone at some point has installed a standalone 3 stage battery charger/ The 12v power supply unit is still installed though. Need to spend some time working out exactly what has been done.

I'm wondering if it's just a dead battery in the first instance...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom