For caravanners' eyes only - we're getting a new one!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I take our caravan to Le Man each year. Mates take some fast metal. I'm rarely more than 60 minutes behind them. If I take the family then I'd do the same journey over 2 days (easy to do), to allow for stopping every ten minutes for loo/starbucks/ice cream etc... I find towing relaxing as I'm not trying to get every extra mph..

Ive got to buy some water containers to use with the folding trailer tent but unsure how big to go. There will be just the two of us most of the time so im not expecting to use much on a daily basis but how much would you say you use on a daily basis?

Space could be an issue for transport so I don't want to lug 50 litre containers around if they are going to be only ever half used on a daily basis but equally I don't want to have to fill them up several times a day.

We have a 40 litre aquaroll for the caravan - I take that full, then keep it topped up with a pair of 10 litre containers. We use around 20 litres a day I reckon - cooking, washing up, washing (excluding showers).

We have had a slow year.... only a couple of outings, and one of those was a day trip.

We have made it this week to the Isle of Wight this week which we are enjoying.

Little to do in the way of maintenance, although I do have a soft spot in the floor that I need to fix. Not looking forward to that.

Also noticed that we lost a wheel bolt on the way down, which is concerning.

6ed5f6f1c3211c3a0daf02c848c00a71.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Orchards?

A couple of weekends ago I fitted a new breather valve on the Alde wet central heating boiler, in order to stop a leak. Many hours of toil and the new valve slowed it down but didn’t eliminate it completely because the connecting pipe was getting shorter and comprising the seal.

So last week it was replaced again (third in 11 months) by a professional, along with a new run of connecting pipe, and over the weekend it remained nice and dry. Fingers crossed it’s sorted properly now.

Even after 13 years of caravanning, we’ve never taken our caravan into Wales or Scotland for a holiday. Maybe 2019 is the year to put that right! Not quite true as a couple of weekends ago we drove along the Welsh border to avoid the M5 when heading North.

So I thought I would call upon the MBClub collective font of knowledge for site recommendations in Wales and Scotland, with scenic views and ideally very, very close to water, sea or loch, ie a few metres away. I would very much like to avoid single track roads though.

Currently thinking of a long weekend in Wales, and perhaps a longer touring holiday around Scotland. Bunree Caravan Club Site looks like the kind of place I have in mind, maybe as part of a North Coast 500 style road trip (albeit driving solo for the spicy bits).

All suggestions welcomed.

No we were on a fairly cramped pitch halfway up the hill. Getting on was difficult as they had put the services water connection exactly where I needed to swing my tail. Fortunately some tentists were around to move their car so I could approach from the other side.

Even after 13 years of caravanning, we’ve never taken our caravan into Wales or Scotland for a holiday. Maybe 2019 is the year to put that right! Not quite true as a couple of weekends ago we drove along the Welsh border to avoid the M5 when heading North.

So I thought I would call upon the MBClub collective font of knowledge for site recommendations in Wales and Scotland, with scenic views and ideally very, very close to water, sea or loch, ie a few metres away. I would very much like to avoid single track roads though.

Currently thinking of a long weekend in Wales, and perhaps a longer touring holiday around Scotland. Bunree Caravan Club Site looks like the kind of place I have in mind, maybe as part of a North Coast 500 style road trip (albeit driving solo for the spicy bits).

Can highly recommend Bunree, Culloden as well near Inverness and Craigtoun Meadows in St Andrews

Lacquer is peeling and it's cracked in places. I've parked up for the winter so am planning to repair the cracks, fit a 13 pin hole instead of the two 7 pns, and repaint... I might even do a bit of glass fibre reinforcement.

Itineraries - North Coast 500

Blooming heck, we cancelled another weekend away, two in a week! I got home from work too late to go on Friday, and then on Saturday morning the forecast looked bad for today. We had paid in full too. Nevermind.

So this afternoon I’ve winterised it so we can turn the central heating off. Drained all the tanks, and opened all the cupboards. If we have a dry weekend I might be tempted to get away. Roll on Spring.

Blooming heck, we cancelled another weekend away, two in a week! I got home from work too late to go on Friday, and then on Saturday morning the forecast looked bad for today. We had paid in full too. Nevermind.

So this afternoon I’ve winterised it so we can turn the central heating off. Drained all the tanks, and opened all the cupboards. If we have a dry weekend I might be tempted to get away. Roll on Spring.
Obscured slightly :)

full

Time to update. Had to move ours last weekend. Our storage yard was closing due to thefts. There were only 50 vans left and 2 more went the previous weekend, so they decided to call time and close asap.

Going to try and keep at home for now..

Never got around to repairing the a frame. I decided it was too far gone, and a new glass fibre one is on order.

Few more improvements to make over March also..

Storage can be a bit of a nightmare ... any site that isn't manned 24x7 will be a magnet for certain elements of society. My caravan was never stolen (they generally go for large twin-axle ones) but it was broken into twice. Have been lucky enough to be able to keep a caravan at home for the last 12 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom