For dog lovers, another petition.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheFoX

Car
CLS 350 CDI Sport
Another petition. This time it is about a Police dog and his handler.

Dave is retiring after a lifetime of service, and he wants to keep the Police dog that he has looked after for a number of years, even offering to buy it or fund the training of another Police dog, yet West Mercia Police aren't even considering these offers.

Even though this dog is a working dog, it still has feelings, and if it is separated from the owner that has looked after it for so many years could suffer separation anxiety.

https://www.change.org/p/west-merci...utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Sign if you agree with the petition, or flame me if you don't. :devil:

No, they forget instantly I think...proof below.:doh:

Attachments

• image-1-for-paper-pics-18-jan-2011-gallery-779601355.jpg
    image-1-for-paper-pics-18-jan-2011-gallery-779601355.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 30
As a fellow dog owner I fully understand the potential upset but I really don't understand the hullabaloo; the dog is the Police's, not his and being in the force for 34 years he'll be well aware of this fact too.

The posts about it being animal cruelty in the link above are simply ridiculous too.

As a fellow dog owner I fully understand the potential upset but I really don't understand the hullabaloo; the dog is the Police's, not his and being in the force for 34 years he'll be well aware of this fact too.

The posts about it being animal cruelty in the link above are simply ridiculous too.

I guess in law you are correct but they have been paired together for a few years and it seems callous by the force not to allow a long serving officer to keep this dog.

A bit of an own goal by the police force to take this attitude in my opinion.

I have signed the petition via friend on Facebook.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I accept the comment that the dog is a valuable asset to West Mercia Police, but after four years, and the offer to fund another police dog in training, I reckon Ivy maybe could be allowed to retire. That's just emotion talking. My little dog was trained by Hearing Dogs for Deaf People, passed her assessment, but for some reason was not paired. She immediately imprinted on me when I took her home as her trainer, and equally imprinted on my husband as her 'deaf person', although he can hear. It was a pairing made in heaven and she is incredibly stressed if anyone other than me or my husband takes her for a walk. I wouldn't like her to be handled by anyone else now.

I've signed for this reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom