For England Cricket Fans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
..indians will be back in force on the 10th :rock:

Lack of match practice, no fault of the BCCCI and the new recruit of fletch' isnt doing them any good. His miserable antics are rubbing off on the players. Skipper Dohni looks out of ruddy sorts.

England are playing v.well. looking strong in all areas. They seem to have clicked well. Flintoff has praised england in one of his articles this morning saying the team now is better then the one that won the ashes. He's probably still stuck in Morrisons?!

No but really this England squad is looking strong. When you have your bowlers smashing tons, 50's and 80's down the order to pile on a near 500 lead @ 6 runs per over in a morning session you are doing somthing right.

ok, Ind's fast bowling attack is poor always has been the case 60% of the time, but the last two tests the batting is just firing on one Cylinder, where the batting would usually compensate for the poor bowling shows. Mis firing all over the shop the batsmen are!

Up hold and mainenance is key for England to secure No.1..properly.

Last edited:
Thanks, what an interesting read, and the comments after.
First time in my cricket watching life we've been the best and with so much apparent strength in depth as well.
Given the cycle it won't last but as cricket fans are much less parochial than their football equivalent we'll still enjoy and love the game even when we aren't winning every match.

Wait until Tendulkar regains his form.

We'll be laughing on the other side of our faces then!! :devil: :ban:

That's brightened up a dull day :)

India are flying in Sehwag for Tests 3 & 4. However there does seem to be an air of dispondancy about the team, and when the heads go down that seems to be it. The fielding is very poor indeed, and concentration from both batsmen and bowlers is mainly non-existant - perhaps the upshot of a game dominated in India by IPL and Twenty20.

We didn't see the usual reaction of an England side - 124-8 would have spelt the end of the innings in the past, but everyone dug in. It great to see a positive approach from an England side, coupled with real strength in depth.

Hopefully I'll be able to get TMS on LW in the Vendee while I'm away.

That's brightened up a dull day :)

India are flying in Sehwag for Tests 3 & 4. However there does seem to be an air of dispondancy about the team, and when the heads go down that seems to be it. The fielding is very poor indeed, and concentration from both batsmen and bowlers is mainly non-existant - perhaps the upshot of a game dominated in India by IPL and Twenty20.

We didn't see the usual reaction of an England side - 124-8 would have spelt the end of the innings in the past, but everyone dug in. It great to see a positive approach from an England side, coupled with real strength in depth.

Hopefully I'll be able to get TMS on LW in the Vendee while I'm away.
Don't think LW will be much cop but you ought to be fine on the internet

Good to read after too many years eating humble pie - just need to continue with the same approach as the Team develops and changes, as it will. Looks like we have some good youngsters coming through as well!

Oh well 5 - 0 defeat to india.

We don't spend enough time playing 1 day cricket and India is a notoriously difficult place to play and win in, indeed we " acheived" the same result in 2008 I believe?

IMHO celebrate the 5 day "proper cricket" achievements and dont worry about 1 day stuff.

We don't spend enough time playing 1 day cricket and India is a notoriously difficult place to play and win in, indeed we " acheived" the same result in 2008 I believe?

IMHO celebrate the 5 day "proper cricket" achievements and dont worry about 1 day stuff.

That's the spirit :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom