For Glojo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
Just saw this bad boy in my garden on the feeder , in the last photo he has a look on his face that just says ' Busted ...... '

They are noisy beasties but quite cute ! he's really stretching to get his beak in the feeder .....

keet1.jpg

keet2.jpg

keet3.jpg

busted.jpg

Amazing pics Howard! The colours look great!

I keep thinking it's time my camera was replaced but I simply can't justify it.

Shude, the camera I use is a £150 Kodak Easyshare Z650 .... 6.1mp 10x optical zoom

The pics were taken through my kitchen window ...

I keep recommending it to people, its just so good !

You can probably get it even cheaper if you hunt around a bit ....

Shude, the camera I use is a £150 Kodak Easyshare Z650 .... 6.1mp 10x optical zoom

You can probably get it even cheaper if you hunt around a bit ....
To put it in perspective I paid the same money for an HP 2.3mp camera back in 2001!

Excellent pics.!

My parents live in Walton and they get them roosting in the tree in their garden. Aren't they supposed to have escaped from Shepperton Studios when they were filming "The African Queen" there in 1950 (?), and have continued to breed in the area ever since?

Brilliant!!

We have them roosting near to me, as Howard said they make a hell of a noise but nice to see.

Great pictures Howard.

I see these parrots just about every day when I walk my dog around Shepperton Lake.

There was talk recently about reducing the number of these birds, as they as the numbers are increasing drastically. :mad:

Good luck to whoever tries to cull them , they fly so fast and i never see them land ....

The resident crow on the lock island has a hell of a job chasing them ....

It's like watching a dogfight between a B52 and a flock of F16's :crazy:

Aaaaaahhh cute!!! Wild parrots????????????

Thanks for advice on camera - my Kyocera from 2004 is only 3x optical and was >£200...

Hi Dave,

Yes, there are literally thousands of them living in the South East now .....

Very nice and I note how you have also taken it through the kitchen window. My daughter is telling me how they are already culling these birds?

From what your saying about manoeuvrability I suppose they are not easy things for birds of prey to scoff which would then help to keep numbers down?

At the moment we have one pair of gold finches which are regular visitors to my bird feeder. These birds are usually very gregarious and it is unusual for us to see just the one pair?

Thanks for posting the very nice pictures,

Regards
John

There's a huge colony living in the gardens in Bushey Park and also in Richmond Park, so does that count for having Royal protection??

QUOTE]

Please send kitchen window so I can take such pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom