For Jhon Jones Jr

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why not? If you need to ask it isn't really for you...

Last edited:
Thanks Simon :D The spec looks good, especially the knuckle duster welded to the cage ;)

As soon as you drop of your 230k, so I can get on with the swap. ;)

As soon as you drop of your 230k, so I can get on with the swap. ;)

Ha, ha. You're good for a laugh ;), no doubting your skills but that will never happen as there's only so much my 'man maths' is capable of i.e lying to myself :D The 230K is away over budget, being honest I was only going to make it a useable motor with a bit more poke and see what it was like as I was a bit intrigued by them but I just seem to keep buying bits and then more bits...

P.s. Now, the 2.5-16 could do with EFI with TB's...after I do the other bit and bobs if I don't sell it. :D

Last edited:
That sounds like a familiar story to me. I've got a w124 that I just wanted to be a little more usable, it's a slippery slope!

Add a turbo to your 2.5-16 wish list...

Not starting it till next year, but we've got an m111 turbo to build. Should give you plenty of bad ideas for the 230k.

That sounds like a familiar story to me. I've got a w124 that I just wanted to be a little more usable, it's a slippery slope!

Add a turbo to your 2.5-16 wish list...

Yep, it's the story of my car life. Slippery slope alright but hell we could be doing a lot worse...

T'ing the 16V? Easy 300bhp and much more available from what I understand but I don't think I could do it to the old girl. Just an honest 220 @ fly would make me more than happy. Still an N/A boy at heart.

Last edited:
When I face the inevitable reality there will never be a 2.5-16 good enough and cheap enough for me... are W201/W202 with OM606 the way forward?
I have access to significant facilities to maintain but never the time to build :(

When I face the inevitable reality there will never be a 2.5-16 good enough and cheap enough for me... are W201/W202 with OM606 the way forward?
I have access to significant facilities to maintain but never the time to build :(

All depends what you want the car to do, but a custom build will cost as much as a good 2.5-16 anyway.

All depends what you want the car to do, but a custom build will cost as much as a good 2.5-16 anyway.

So, a 2.5-16 would in my very biased opinion make more sense. :D

Last edited:
Hands up! It's crossed my mind :D

So I've been doing more thinking about your 230k....:devil:

Nissan-R33-with-a-Twin-turbo-Mercedes-M120-V12-03.jpg

Great idea Carat. Where are you putting the front suspension...just out of interest?

I don't know what your worrying about, you can fit a finished sheet of a4 paper between the engine and the wheel arch.:thumb:

So I've been doing more thinking about your 230k....:devil:

Nissan-R33-with-a-Twin-turbo-Mercedes-M120-V12-03.jpg

I love looking at this thread, it's almost a laugh a minute :D :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom