For lovers of the classic 4 headlight E Class design

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
As it appears they will be history soon :( I give you this (following this afternoon's wash).

IMG_0705_zpsfe9e1de0.jpg

TWO THUMBS UP! The new "alien" headlight doesn't do it for me.. (yet)... maybe in a few years it'll grow on me... but W208/211/215 faces are beautiful......

I used to think the w210 headlights looked cool until the w211 headlights appeared.
I'm not sure there will be as elegant a design for a long long time. I suspect that the w211 headlamps will be the "monowiper" of their time.

I'm getting to like the new front end of the W212, which is a good job really, because it's all I'm gonna be able to buy soon, as I will be sticking with the best (bar none) estate available for some time to come.

I just wish they'd kept the twin headlight design as a differentiator away from the C Class.

Where as I always thought they should have stuck with the single lights like a 124.. the 210/211 never looked as good to me. I speak as someone who had 3 211's years ago...

I still think the W211 is a timeless design at the front - just like I love series II and series III Jags.

I never really realised quite how much I loved it all those years ago when I first saw them in Yerp near airports - until I bought one a couple of years ago now.

Even now I still somtimes look at my car in the car park when walking past it and it is clean and it's a wonderful design.

Strangely, I think S type Jags are a crock of...

Even now I still somtimes look at my car in the car park when walking past it and it is clean and it's a wonderful design.

Too true.

I'd go as far as to say I prefer the front end on the pre facelift 211's

I'm not really loving the front end on the new E at all and the sharpened looks of the 212 I don't know....it just doesn't have the same pull

Beardz said:
I'd go as far as to say I prefer the front end on the pre facelift 211's

I'm not really loving the front end on the new E at all and the sharpened looks of the 212 I don't know....it just doesn't have the same pull

X2.

The larger grill of the facelifted car does it no favours. The pre facelifted sport spec were the best looking 211s

I loved the two head light design. It differentiated the E from the S class and C class.

The 212 styling with four lights was modern and interesting. The new design is bland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom