Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wow, whatever about the actual plumbing set up I can't comment but eleven jubilee clips!

Yep, not to mention the rubber coolant pipes used as boost pipework. Or the fact that not one of the steel pipe joiners has a swaged end on it.

EPIC.:bannana:

Yep, not to mention the rubber coolant pipes used as boost pipework. Or the fact that not one of the steel pipe joiners has a swaged end on it.

EPIC.:bannana:

Well thanks for that. It makes me feel like I'm an F1 tech after making up my new boost pipe/MAF set up without buying one new part! ;)

Well thanks for that. It makes me feel like I'm an F1 tech after making up my new boost pipe/MAF set up without buying one new part! ;)

Wait till I grab a pic of the exhaust........

Have you got the 2nd maf on there now Jhon?

Wait till I grab a pic of the exhaust........

Have you got the 2nd maf on there now Jhon?

Flippin hell that car you're working on sounds like a right 'mare. Somebody just bought it and now the problems are coming to light?

No, Simon. The course of action is to relocate the MAF, just done yesterday actually. Reset the ECU and drive for 200 odd miles to see what the LTFT settles at and what the actual AFR's are @ WOT. Presuming that's all good (the AFR's are now down to very low 11's just from relocation alone and a flat spot is gone too) then I'll fit the WMI, after that I'll consider dual MAF's.

Last edited:
So this beautiful bit of workmanship I removed from a badly running c124 this week, what a lash up! The worrying thing is that some people think this sort of thing is acceptable, needless to say this lot went straight in the skip. Sadly the rest of the car has been built to the same sort of standards, and is taking a long time to sort it all out. It's one of those jobs where the more you dig, the more you find.:crazy:

20160709_161216_zpsr4hoj0ku.jpg

Rusty steel blanking plate? certainly sir, no problem....

20160709_162606_zpsuuytg9ol.jpg

I really should of got a picture of the crankcase breather pipe connected directly to the inlet manifold, on a turbo charged engine... I sh!t you not!

hahaha dude, no words..lol

sounds familiar

So they weren't bought for it, and I never thought they would even fit it, but the opera's seem to work better on the Carlsson than anything else. Fill the arch'es much better than what was on there, just need to convince Michael to keep them on there now...

20160726_192247_zpswrcnxxmi.jpg

And one thing that I do enjoy about living in the country, is that you can still break down in peace without a traffic warden or policeman turning up to annoy you. Always remember to put fuel in your car folks!

20160727_183643_zpsgqkdwxtk.jpg

Last edited:
Liking the boot antenna disguised as a water bottle.

Any rubbing with the tyres?

I like both sets of wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Liking the boot antenna disguised as a water bottle.

Any rubbing with the tyres?

I like both sets of wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Cheers Bruce.

No rubbing anywhere, both these car's run re-worked suspension to keep body movement under control. The w124 is sitting higher at the back than normal in that pic as it has no fuel at all it! Tyres on both are 225/40/18 front, and 255/35/18 rear. Perfect size for the w124.:thumb:

E28 Sharknose had s36 M5 engine, pretty quick this one.

20160716_150505_zpsnzcxgnbn.jpg

E34 540i racer. I had an estate one of these some years ago with the 6 speed box, absolutely loved that car :rock:.

20160716_150832_zpscx6tjhyc.jpg

Cool old race transporter converted from a merc bus.

20160716_150804_zpsfx5uwj7f.jpg

Minter than mint 244DL.

20160716_151209_zpse6p3k9lg.jpg

Evo in the paddock

20160717_085503_zpszqtczlql.jpg

The Evo is indeed our teams car, next outing for it is Lydden Hill on the 29th of next month. :rock:

20160715_194119_zpseians3gc.jpg

Last edited:
Simon

When you are heading to Lydden, you drive past my front door. You know you are always welcome here (the kettle is always on for you) and we would love to come along and support you.

We have room for team parking (my ex-neighbour) ran his Superbike outfit with massive motorhome from here.

If I'm honest I'm not 100% sure what's happened here.:dk:

The damage is confined to cylinder 6, though I have only visually checked the others they seem ok. I think cyl 6 was full of fuel when the engine was fired up. Looking at the rest of their work, and piecing together the history of where and who did this swap, I think I can see how this might have happened. I'm not going to name and shame on a public forum, but I will say it was nobody on this thread.

Hello darling
hope you are well, did you bring me some chocolates from Belgium?? what about the guns?? oops

Fuel! its all about the fuel, the bloody injector was in pretty bad shape, terrible spray pattern and cant hold pressure, there's a a couple more that can be binned, gave up testing the rest as it was making me very angry.

laters

Hello darling
hope you are well, did you bring me some chocolates from Belgium?? what about the guns?? oops

Fuel! its all about the fuel, the bloody injector was in pretty bad shape, terrible spray pattern and cant hold pressure, there's a a couple more that can be binned, gave up testing the rest as it was making me very angry.

laters

Hey precious, I was going to bring you some Belgium beer but it's so crap we didn't bother! Custom's were only interested in the illegal immigrants in the back, so I've bought us over enough arm's and cocaine to start a panic in the Kremlin.:D

Dude I've got a box full of injectors here, test the lot and put the best 6 in the bitch.

Hey precious, I was going to bring you some Belgium beer but it's so crap we didn't bother! Custom's were only interested in the illegal immigrants in the back, so I've bought us over enough arm's and cocaine to start a panic in the Kremlin.:D

Dude I've got a box full of injectors here, test the lot and put the best 6 in the bitch.

LOL I feel a party coming

No neeeeed buddy, the injectors from the Sl Lump are good and she's happy, she purrs and feels good.

chat soon

Remember that bodged up m104 turbo from a few post's ago? Have 2 more howlers from the same car....

This load of bullet connectors was under the car in lambda sensor wiring loom. My guess is someone was to tight to fit the correct sensor, so tried to join this one to the merc loom.

Tasty job, what could possibly go wrong here. :rolleyes:

20160820_174210_zpstpa1pncw.jpg

But the one I found under the fuse box takes the biscuit.....

20160811_190526_zpstuvrlzqs.jpg

I was actually lost for words when I spotted this. The bullet connectors above are bad enough, but this dude must of run out when building this pile of sh!t. the pink and red wire is the main ignition controlled live, the black wire cable tied on to it, is used to turn the ecu on!

Let's just think about that for a second....... Other than the fact that a main live wire is sitting un-insulated in the fuse box, with another wire zip-tied on it, it's controlling the ecu! So as long the ignition wiring is live (like anytime the alternator is turning) the engine will keep running. The only thing that turns the car off is when it runs out of fuel pressure. It does also explain why the car tries to run on when the key is turned off!

Pure epicness that one.

Project "Huggy bear" took another giant step forward over the weekend. The dull beige leather has been ripped out, and replaced by Brazil brown with white piping. I never thought I would say it, but brown interiors are back in fashion.

This interior also has electric and heated front seats, proper comfy. Though I've never seen it with white piping before?

20160813_113943_zpss5yakb6o.jpg

20160813_145553_zpsxcaultjm.jpg

20160813_145602_zpsd8zzix3v.jpg

20160813_141156_zpshi4fpdiy.jpg

20160813_145434_zpshupboqui.jpg

20160813_145457_zpsevnrusa8.jpg

20160815_195215_zpsmaomc3jn.jpg

20160815_195226_zpsrl7lnkpm.jpg

Just need to get him a mink coat for when he drives it.:D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back