For you late 70's early 80's bikers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
Ok, so they are only models, but they are quality models and gave me a little nostalgic moment.

The last one is mine (though the blue is too light) and I've still got it, having bought it in 1986 :thumb:.

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

That Laverda will never start.....

**and not just because it is a plastic model!

Ha. All this modern rubbish. I had a 1959 BSA A7 SS as my first proper bike.
13 years old when I got it, required real technique to start it and it made a lovely noise. Remarkably reliable, considering the abuse it had.

That Laverda will never start.....

**and not just because it is a plastic model!

I recall they had a very long wheelbase too so the handling wasn't good.

I had one of those gold wings, it had a huuuugggggeeeee rickman fairing on the front too. Looked like it belonged in CHiPs :D

Hi developer215,

Nice models. Is that Modelzone in Merry Hill?

Good memories. One of my friends had an H3 Kawasaki - sub 20 mpg accompanied by a blue haze and the wonderful aroma of two-stroke.

All a bit late for me. I was brought up on BSA Super Rocket, AJS 500 'Jam Pot', Royal Enfield Constellation etc. etc.

CBR 1100 same as mine, sold it 5 years ago after I dropped it, getting rid of the bike seemed the cheaper option at the time compared to divorce :D

CBR 1100 same as mine, sold it 5 years ago after I dropped it, getting rid of the bike seemed the cheaper option at the time compared to divorce :D

CB1100R please, the daddy - the CBR was an evolution of the species.

Were you in the owners club?

The company I worked for also sold Laverdas, and we had a 'demo' Jota which I could 'book' for the weekend (I have some photos somewhere)

One day my brother asked me do 'do a ton' with him on the back as he'd never done the ton.

I took him down the M6 one Sunday morning and hit 127 - the fastest I have ever done on a motorcycle, and when I came off the motorway and turned round, his helmed had literally come off his head and was sort of hanging from his neck by the strap.

Apparently I hadn't heard his screams to slow down as I was nicely tucked down in a very comfortable racing position, while he took the full force of the wind.

Looking at the Jota, how do you spell 'Orange'?

Ha, clearly written by the same bloke who spelt this......:bannana:

The only 80s bike I think I would like riding is the RC30.

I always wanted an RC30 but could never afford one - fabulous.

It was meant to be really ahead of its time in terms of handling, and the V4 engine note too:D.
I've always found older bikes just don't handle well, probably because I've always been used to modern stuff, even an early Fireblade feels unenjoyable to ride unfortunately, I guess it's what suits someone's riding style best though, I understand the appeal of Harley's and cruisers etc even though they don't personally appeal to me, arnt RC30s stupid money still if you can even find one anymore?.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom