Force lets 59 police off speeding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They are everywhere. It's like when the politicians use an independent body for oversight, and that independent body starts to get more and more friendly with them.
One consolation, (at the risk of offending those on the other side of the pond), at least we don't have their police attitudes and cronyism to deal with.

Not perfect by any means but I think we do Ok in the Uk for Police accountability.

They are everywhere. It's like when the politicians use an independent body for oversight, and that independent body starts to get more and more friendly with them.
One consolation, (at the risk of offending those on the other side of the pond), at least we don't have their police attitudes and cronyism to deal with.

Not perfect by any means but I think we do Ok in the Uk for Police accountability.

If you believe that those who supervise those who supervise those who supervise (and so on) are all in cahoots, then you arrive at a dystopian image of the world... Conspiracy Theory territory.

Personally, I tend to believe that most things are what they seem, unless I see specific evidence to the contrary. So to me, every police officer is an honest person doing an honest job, unless I have specific reason to think otherwise. Am I just being too naive and too trusting?

Peanut budda
What do you really know about American police forces ?.(i.e Canada USA, Mexico (the Nafta countries) or the Mercosur like Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Brazil, for example, or my adopted nationality Venezuela?
Other than what you read in the newspapers or NOT, if that is you cannot read/understand Spanish or Brazilian Portuguese to make a genuine assessment.
Tuercas viejas

I know this is an ancient thread BUT posting to clarify more recent ambiguity.

Apparently....Procedures can vary between forces BUT in general... Relatively minor non serious issues can be dealt with by local supervision. More serious investigations dealt by Force Discipline Dept. Major stuff goes to, (Non-Police), I.O.P.C. (some crossover depending on circ's).

Line of Duty has some procedural accuracies BUT is exaggerated TV fiction......"Mother of God" ;)

Last edited:
Line of Duty has some procedural accuracies BUT is exaggerated TV fiction......"Mother of God" ;)
Give me a good Reg15 any time... son! :D

Reactions: AW8
Give me a good Reg15 any time... son! :D
No Montalbano!
I pi$$ my pants every time I see this !
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

But what about Angelica--I am in love again "Buenissimo" !
These scenes could be in Punta Del Este or some nice spots in Argentina.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Tuercas viejas

Reactions: AW8
I know this is an ancient thread BUT posting to clarify more recent ambiguity.

Apparently....Procedures can vary between forces BUT in general... Relatively minor non serious issues can be dealt with by local supervision. More serious investigations dealt by Force Discipline Dept. Major stuff goes to, (Non-Police), I.O.P.C. (some crossover depending on circ's).

Don't forget the wee donkey.

Don't forget the wee donkey.
I confess ! I chuckled at the relevant dialogue line last week :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom