Ford F-150. Yes please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@Bellow Gotcha. Others have the same concern as you. It's a shame that Ford aren't giving much information at this time.

"What Ford is apparently not willing to say right now is how much range will decrease when hauling or towing. It sure seems like it’ll be a lot."
It's a while since I saw the EE vid right through but remember it being pretty damning re range for a truck towing.
Read the piece in your link and Ford have a very idealised and narrow view of how the truck will be used. Maybe they are spot on for those business users in the first few years of the truck's life but a big part of what an American wants from a truck is range, towing ability, towing ability and range. They think nothing of heading off on a 700 mile trip with a heavy load hitched behind. My redneck express has a 35 Imp gallon (160 litres) petrol tank. For sure it isn't the quickest tank to fill - but a lot quicker than recharging a battery.

A goodly number of the million F-150 sold each year never tow, or have much conveyed in the truck bed - in the same way as our Chelsea Tractors rarely use their off-road capability. Therefore many F-150 buyers will be able to live with the electric range just fine on their commutes and shopping runs. It will sell well I am sure.

A goodly number of the million F-150 sold each year never tow, or have much conveyed in the truck bed - in the same way as our Chelsea Tractors rarely use their off-road capability. Therefore many F-150 buyers will be able to live with the electric range just fine on their commutes and shopping runs. It will sell well I am sure.
Will that also be true for the used market it will inevitably have to enter? If not, and is shunned by those who tow then its depreciation is going to be pretty savage. Throw in some doubts about battery life and Ford may end up wishing it was never pushed down this road.

@SW18 You're right!

"According to Edwards’ data, 75 percent of truck owners use their truck for towing one time a year or less (meaning, never).

Nearly 70 percent of truck owners go off-road one time a year or less.

And a full 35 percent of truck owners use their truck for hauling—putting something in the bed, its ostensible raison d’être—once a year or less."

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Only around £4000 more than an electric Corsa!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom