Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec Estate - Rare Opportunity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan1502

Car
SL60 AMG (Now sold)
Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec Estate.

Price: £2,500

Dark metallic blue.

Just over 29,000 miles.

Full service history.

Alloy wheel with no kerb damage and never been refurbished.

Unused spare wheel (space saver) and tyre.

Tool kit, first aid kit and warning triangle all present.

Just been serviced.

Just had genuine Ford front brake discs and pads.

Very recent new Michelin front tyres. Plenty of tread left on the rears.

Although this is very low mileage for the year, it has a pretty much unique reason. It has actually been driven around an average of 5,500 miles per year in the period of 5½ years that we have owned it.

It was bought by us having covered just 43 miles as it was owned by a car leasing company which went bust. Apparently about three of these unused cars were in the warehouse so although it is 10 years old it was bought unused by us approximately 5½ years ago (31/10/1996). I have the documents to demonstrate this.

It is listed as having had 3 previous keepers. The last owner bought it on 28/9/2006. He was a local trader who bought it (and another) at the auction to sell on. The first owner will have been the leasing company. Presumably the second was the administrator or whoever presented the cars at the auction.

It has been serviced at the main dealer, Evans Halshaw, since until the most recent service which was at a very highly regarded local garage (actually more expensive than the Ford price but I felt they would be at least if not more thorough). This is the garage that have performed all MOTs. I would be happy for you to speak to them if you wish. The front disc brakes and pads were fitted at this time along with new spark plugs, oil, filter etc.

It is taxed until October 2012 and the MOT expires on 29 October 2012.

The interior is in fantastic condition. The only minor negative being some wear to the steering wheel due to wearing of rings.

The bodywork has never had any paintwork done. It has been in no accidents and just has a few minor scratches as you would expect. The only minor negative is that there are scuffs to the four corners of the bumpers but the bumpers are not damaged or out of place. These have not been caused by us but by other drivers where my wife parks at work. We were going to have them done but thought it pointless as it was likely to happen again. I was going to have this work done before selling and would be happy to do so but thought the fresh paint may lead to suspicion that it has had bigger issues. I might still get it done but if so, will take photos before to show how minor it is/was.

It has the usual electric front windows, cd player, air conditioning (fully functional) etc. It also has roof rails so roof bars can be easily fitted.

I have always found it great to drive. It is our second car and we have also owned some quite desirable cars but I have never felt disappointed to drive this car. We had no plans to change it. We just had the urge to buy an R129 SL prompted by a friend acquiring one, so this has to go.

I don’t particularly like it when people say “you won’t find a better one” in their adverts but I think in this case it is probably true. I have set the price towards the top end of cars of this age but I suggest you consider it as it is unlike the others for sale.

Service History

Evans Halshaw Ford, Altrincham 6/11/2007 5,523 miles

Evans Halshaw Ford, Old Trafford 3/11/2008 10,701 miles

Evans Halshaw Ford, Altrincham 26/11/2009 16,502 miles

Evans Halshaw Ford, Altrincham 3/2/2011 25,035 miles

Sale Moor MOT Centre, Sale 2/5/2012 28,348 miles

New genuine Ford Battery fitted 26/11/2007
Michelin front tyres fitted 15/8/2011
New spark plugs fitted 2/5/2012
New genuine Ford front discs and pads 2/5/2012

All MOTs present.
All service receipts present. The only receipt I can’t find is the receipt for the tyres but I’ve checked the date on my credit card bill.

I am based in Sale in Cheshire.

I will post pictures once it stops raining and I can take some!

(Should have said bought by use on 31/10/2006 - I can't seem to edit it)

Now sold

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom