Ford Forum (FFOC) Charges For Advice...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
I recently signed up to the Ford Focus forum.

Registration is free, but your first 5 posts are not published until a moderator has seen them, and you can't access the technical sections until you've paid an annual subscription of £10.

All the things we get for free as bigged up as the benefits of being a paid up member:

Here we go, this is what you get for a mere £10 a year, how cool is that!

Access to ALL parts of the club forum and message board

Access to a wealth of technical sections and helpful knowledgeable FFOC Members

Opportunity for you to bring your general and Ford Focus knowledge to the club

Club discounts – massive savings on parts/labour

Unique motor insurance schemes (with Chris Knott& many others)

Our FFOC ‘How To Do’ section

Free classifieds – for sale and wanted parts including cars for sale

Attend National & Regional car shows on the FFOC club stand

Now, I'm not tight (though others may disagree :D), but it's put me off joining.

Is this the norm I wonder?

It coats a lot to run a forum

some forums charge, while others are over-run with adverts.

We are lucky, very lucky, with this one.

Wow that's a departure it used to be a good forum that and I guess probably still is. Think some have started charging to keep the idiots off which is not a bad thing 20p a week for a decent forum sounds like a bargain to me

A Vw forum I member of uses the £10 fee is you want to use the classifieds or be a trade member

A Vw forum I member of uses the £10 fee is you want to use the classifieds or be a trade member

Thats the same as supra.net....i think thats what its called i looked on there when i was trying to buy one? But obviously couldn't.

Tony

Think some have started charging to keep the idiots off

Well, it's worked with me...:cool:.

It's the first time I've ever needed advice about the Focus because it's been so reliable.

I'm on:

3 MB forums (2 regularly)
Various others - MG/Rover, Citroen, landlord, android, TV,HiFi, Sex toys etc. as and when required.

None of whom have a charge.

Last edited:
Well, it's worked with me...:cool:.

It's the first time I've ever needed advice about the Focus because it's been so reliable.

I'm on:

3 MB forums (2 regularly)
Various others - MG/Rover, Citroen, landlord, android, TV,HiFi, Sex toys etc. as and when required.

None of whom have a charge.

If you want to PM the the exact details of what you are after I'll ask my BIL or get him to ask his contacts at the dealers :thumb:

If you want to PM the the exact details of what you are after I'll ask my BIL or get him to ask his contacts at the dealers :thumb:

Thanks for the offer Ian, I'm going to hit the phones tomorrow :thumb:.

I've always thought that joining a Ford Focus club was a bit like joining a light bulb owners club :D

I have this vision of them waving and flashing at each other- it must be knackering after a a 5 min drive :D

Whatever their reasoning, I bet they dont get much SPAM..

if they get less rubbish answers to queries than we often get here, I would be
for the fee.

Authentic answers is what everybody wants, but often fail to get.

if they get less rubbish answers to queries than we often get here, I would be
for the fee.

Authentic answers is what everybody wants, but often fail to get.

Isn't that what garages are principally for? IMHO it's rare for authentic answers to be give, just mostly well intended ones.

Well , they may have a FFOC "How to do" , but we get plenty of free advice under "FFS" ,telling where to go and also , plenty of abuse totally free of charge. Cant beat the MB Forum.:thumb:

but we get plenty of free advice under "FFS" ,telling where to go and also , plenty of abuse totally free of charge. Cant beat the MB Forum.:thumb:

I must disagree - the FFS contingent on here is very small these days - and insignificant.

It's a very friendly forum for MB enthusiasts :thumb:.

Is this the norm I wonder?

The S-Max owners club was the same. Got to the point where if you asked a question someone would say "there's an answer for that if you're a member."

The answers are usually still out there if you Search well.

I have had many Focusii (includeing one now, must update signature), if it's previous Gen or before, ask away.

Having the first five posts read by a moderator is a very effective anti-spam policy.

It also considerably increases the running costs idfthe moderators are not volunteers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom