Ford to close half of UK Dealerships.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wouldn't like to be youngster in the franchised dealership game these days - can't see much of it existing in a few years time.

Didn't know that people still worked in Ford dealerships. I've walked into a few over the last ten years, and no-one seemed to be.

Given the appalling performance of Ford in the UK market, it's surprising they've stayed open this long, given that everything has gone fleet / minimal service.

Like hospitals, fewer / bigger seems the logical path.

Ford are lagging behind with their cars in terms of power source. Sort that and chop out some dead wood in the dealer network and they’ll be in a good place.

Didn't know that people still worked in Ford dealerships. I've walked into a few over the last ten years, and no-one seemed to be.

To be fair, wife and I had that with our local VW dealer a few months ago. There was a receptionist, but she just shrugged. And it's happened to me in Mercedes and BMW dealers. Maybe it's me!

Ford still make excellent IC cars which are often best in class. The new Puma also looks to be best in class and a big seller.

I noticed Ford in particular seemed dismayed at the latest government meddling with the date for phasing out ICs and hybrids perhaps because they are behind with EVs.

I’ve always been a big fan of the Mondeo, Focus and Fiesta, and realise that the last two are always comfortably at the top of the sales table in the U.K

I‘be just never really understood why Ford focussed purely on the fleet sales market, ignoring the retail buyer and end user so much. It always seemed to bite them in the hatchback when it came to residuals and brand image.

Maybe it’s a British thing ? Other markets, like the USA being just so much more new car sales focussed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our Ford dealers shut up shop last year. Now there’s a VW dealership and that’s it. 20 years ago we had maybe half a dozen new car places, all gone except VW and I’d imagine it’s only a matter of time before that goes too. It seems that the market had changed so that everyone goes to the big out of town retail parks now, where the car dealers are all lumped in the same place. Just the way it goes, I guess..

Cheers,

Gaz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom