Ford's scrappage scheme

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bob6600

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
Unlike others, this is Diesel AND Petrol

With the Ford ‘New For Old’ Scrappage Scheme you can save between £2,000 and £4,950 when you trade in your old vehicle for a new Ford car^ and between £3,650 and £7,000^^ off a new commercial vehicle.

https://www.ford.co.uk/shop/price-a..._ENGINE_TYPE&***id=CJrIysbq6tUCFSsq0wod-Z8Meg

2017_07_ScrappageScheme_LC_Forold_Local_GUXBBDPromo_2160x720_en_GB.jpg.renditions.extra-large.jpeg

Savings are on the recommended OTR price and cannot be combined with any other customer saving scheme...

Does anyone ever pay the recommended OTR price?

"You can have peace of mind that Ford will manage the scrappage of your old vehicle responsibly."

By which they mean they will sell it as they normally do!

"You can have peace of mind that Ford will manage the scrappage of your old vehicle responsibly."

By which they mean they will sell it as they normally do!

Try checking the facts.

The MD of Ford UK categorically stated on the Radio 4 Today program this morning that all vehicles taken in as part of the deal will be scrapped and a certificate issued to prove it

I drove a Ford yesterday with a view to purchase. By the time I returned from the test drive, it had increased in price by £1100. Cars have increased dramatically in price since the last scammage scheme.

At least they've improved they used to be classed as Found On Road Dead or Fix Or Repair Daily.

As discussed before these schemes are almost certainly in response to a dip in the new car market - more and more across the board it would seem?
With Peugeot now owning Opel Vauxhall and the China's Great Wall Motor eyeing up Fiat/Chrysler its perhaps a tale of too much production capacity chasing too few customers?
China's Great Wall eyes Fiat Chrysler bid - BBC News

Savings are on the recommended OTR price and cannot be combined with any other customer saving scheme...

Does anyone ever pay the recommended OTR price?

If that's definitely the case, it's a complete waste of time as Ford is well known to offer sizeable discounts off the OTR price.

With the old, government sponsored scrappage scheme you could negotiate your large discount off the OTR price and then have the scrappage scheme discount applied.

Anything less than that is a useful as a chocolate teapot as far as I am concerned!

With increasing volumes of fields of new cars and banks seemingly blind to credit risk again I wonder how long it will be before we see something close to some offers in the US right now such as on a $40k car, 0 deposit and 80 months interest free, and a 2k cash back.

With increasing volumes of fields of new cars and banks seemingly blind to credit risk again I wonder how long it will be before we see something close to some offers in the US right now such as on a $40k car, 0 deposit and 80 months interest free, and a 2k cash back.

Sooner rather than later I hope.

Ford joins the club of manufacturers with massive stock levels due to poor production planning

Dressing up a minimum level of expected discount as a “green measure” is poor & desperate - if they are that concerned about the planet, they would be have implemented more economical drive trains years ago and would be looking to recycle more of their own glutinous production.

No one has yet convinced me that the energy and materials needed to produce a new car are less damaging than continuing to use an older car that HAS ALREADY BEEN BUILT

If that's definitely the case, it's a complete waste of time as Ford is well known to offer sizeable discounts off the OTR price.

With the old, government sponsored scrappage scheme you could negotiate your large discount off the OTR price and then have the scrappage scheme discount applied.

Anything less than that is a useful as a chocolate teapot as far as I am concerned!

It's stated in the T&Cs

No one has yet convinced me that the energy and materials needed to produce a new car are less damaging than continuing to use an older car that HAS ALREADY BEEN BUILT

I remember reading somewhere that it takes less carbons to build a M5 than a prius. It also takes less carbons to run a old school m5 already on the road for 10 years than to build a new one! So if you want to be green buy a old m5 (or any old amg for that matter) instead of a new build prius!

It's just a "Green" discount deal.

Car companies exist to sell cars - in as big a volume as possible. It's all about the marginal cost of pushing another car out of the door.

The scrappage deal is just a way of doing the discounting that they do every year to shift kit.

All power to them for the creative marketing, but.... just do your numbers, buying a new car is never the cheapest option, buy a three year old to replace your "old smoker."

Yes, I'll trade in and scrap my old diesel Mondeo because it's harming the environment.

I'd like to trade it in for a 5.0-litre Mustang please.

At least they've improved they used to be classed as Found On Road Dead or Fix Or Repair Daily.

I had a Mondeo Estate 2.0 in the late 90s in which I covered 60,000 miles in less than two years. All it needed was regular servicing and tyres. Perhaps I was lucky.

As ever the marketing guys have us all foaming at the mouth!

As remarked, any bit of research will reveal getting a huge discount if you actually "buy" a new Ford as opposed to "long term rentals" which 90% plus of new cars are now effectively.

If older cars were maintained better, or made easier to look after once they pass, 8/9 yrs and 100K, then they are much more cost effective (to own and environmentally) to keep on road, but not great for urban areas due to extra pollution.

I had a Mondeo Estate 2.0 in the late 90s in which I covered 60,000 miles in less than two years. All it needed was regular servicing and tyres. Perhaps I was lucky.

I think by then Ford had got its act together a bit. As a child, I remember my dad having Ford company cars. By the time his 1987 Orion went back after its 3yr/60k stint, the arches and valances were utterly rotten.

I think by then Ford had got its act together a bit. As a child, I remember my dad having Ford company cars. By the time his 1987 Orion went back after its 3yr/60k stint, the arches and valances were utterly rotten.

I seem to remember most cars were like that ! I had a Rover 820 that had no arches at three year old and Mercedes had a few years of rust problems.:D
You didn't buy white cars back then unless you liked orange patches .:dk:
Those were the days lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom