forget cars, how about this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks a lot like this

"The skin and fin are 100% percent organic once living fish skin".
Yeah, but the creature isn't a fish.

The above link said:
"I guarantee that this creatures flesh, teeth, jaw and skull are REAL 100% once living, organic flesh and bones." In other words, the flesh, teeth, jaw and skull are all real, but from separate creatures put together by taxidermical arts

PJ

i sold the loch ness monster last week for £48quid pick up only....,got a couple of live haggis going on next week,,,,,,:crazy:

View Seller's other items is equally unusual.

Actually, as PJ's link says, I too think its an interesting taxidermical work. You take a large fish, and gut it, you leave the skin attached to the tail. Next, you add two fins from a fairly large tuna.

The head... Uhmm... no idea, but possibly a monkey skull with shark teeth? Then coat everything with fish skin/skales....

Voila, a sea-monster! It would need a very able taxidermist though to do it properly...

EDIT: after a quick search on snopes, it seems that the person who did this:
http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/weblog/permalink/mummified_sea_monster/
is the same person who did the mermaid (in the horse-head thing, he got asked a question and answered with:

Q: This is incredible! How do you make these?
A: I will be listing a 5 foot long REAL mermaid next...come back to see her!

Second edit, with another thought about the skull... Teh skull is definetly from a land-dwelling creature. Look at its eye-sockets. They face forwards if the "thing" stood up. Fish eyes are on the sides of their skulls (bar some flat fish who live on the sea-floor), but either way, they face forwards when they are horizontal... not vertical. Hence, a land-living skull... The teeth... hmmm I'll have to research those :p

Third edit... the teeth... could be a shark... the Mako Shark teeth are similar, but the jawbone would need to be a little longer to cover the roots...
smako.jpg

Last edit... i promise!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Organ...DVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300034045814
theres another one by the same seller... This one definetly made with shark fins/tails and monk-fish fins/tails. Not that great as the mermaid though...
Michele

Last edited:
Proof of where my ex wifes family came from!!!!!!!!!!!

Spinal said:
Second edit, with another thought about the skull... Teh skull is definetly from a land-dwelling creature. Look at its eye-sockets. They face forwards

In fact, all predators' eyes face forwards (to give them binocular vision, and enable them to judge distances to their prey). The eyes of 'prey animals' face sideways, so they can see approaching predators while they're eating.

PJ

imadoofus said:
In fact, all predators' eyes face forwards (to give them binocular vision, and enable them to judge distances to their prey). The eyes of 'prey animals' face sideways, so they can see approaching predators while they're eating.

PJ

I didn't explain myself well.... I'll use the excuse that english isn't my mothertongue :p

What I meant was, the eyes face forwards when the creature is "standing"/

Excuse my ascii art...:

O=======
^
|
|
^

The O is the head, and the ===s are were the eye see...

If it swam, wouldn't it be logical to have something like this:
>-->O =========
?
Michele

Ahhh. I see now. Yes, that's very true. I was just pointing out that the position of the eyes is not determined by whether the creatrue is land or water-dwelling, but by its place in the food chain.

PJ

And also it appears to have had a nose, which I think would be something of a disadvantage underwater.

Ha Ha,
My ex wife must be related to yours then:D :D :D

Pietre said:
Proof of where my ex wifes family came from!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom