Forget Merc's, AMG's, Sportcars, I give you..Honda CUB!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crammy69

Car
2001 W210 E55 AMG,2010 Fiat 500 1.2,2002 Triumph America,LML Star 125 DLX,1984 C70,2011 Thruxton
I can't be totally sure why, but I've bought another 2 wheeled "vehicle".

Long story short, Ebay, few bids, £369, slap on some 'L' plates, result = 48k Mile 2001 Honda C90 Cub.

Ive only driven home from the sellers shop (he claimed he gav £375 in part-ex for it) so far and the brakes are truly scary, almost non-existant, but it bounces along the road at 40mph in supreme comfort!. Insurance is cheap as chips and it came with a years tax (£15). Does 100+ mpg - Motoring just doesnt get any cheaper.

Needs a damn good clean and new brakes/adjustment, but reckon once sorted will be a giggle and ideal for a station runabout. Im hoping that itll be a bit of fun for the Lad and I to learn a bit about mechanics without risking much.

!Bslei7QCWk~$(KGrHqIH-DIEvBI,7te!BL4dF9f4cg~~_12.JPG

!Bslev7QEGk~$(KGrHqIH-EQEvDFiPepWBL4dGjoRYQ~~_12.JPG

!BslesjgB2k~$(KGrHqEH-DsEvCJUvkzcBL4dG,!U5!~~_12.JPG

Last edited:
awesome...once i get a house, with a garage, I WILL be buying/importing a Tuk Tuk.

It's compulsory that you have one of those old leather crash helmets and a pair of WWII goggles when riding a Honda Cub.

The Stirling Moss look I like to think.

Much better value than one of those brand new Chinese scooters.

And the helmet you need, is "The Corker" (not the old leather one :)

Edit: Dont believe it! You can still get one!

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/6467526

Last edited:
Amazingly tough things. This was the first moped I ever rode. You need to be wary of all that power, nearly 4hp! I'd have one! :bannana:
If you press down on the front of the gear change pedal and rev the engine and then let go with your foot it will even do a wheelie!

Amazingly tough things. This was the first moped I ever rode. You need to be wary of all that power, nearly 4hp! I'd

I think the low power of it is part of the appeal, an appreciation of something so small and simple being able propel my lardy ar5e at 40mph! maybe Ive never got over not having an engine on my pushbike as a kid...

Nice one simon! We used to call them the Honda 'Step thru'. I used to have one of those when i was much younger, took the fairing off and thrashed it around the local woods. It went on forever and I never did anything to it, didn't even check the oil!:D

You're right about the drum brakes, might as well not have any!

Doing the knowledge now are we? I thought the Honda 90 came as standard now with clipboard on the handlebars.. :p

Cheers,

Gaz

You got a bargain there! These things are starting to make decent money, look after it!:bannana:

Isn't this the most bought motorcycle in the world ?

Yeah! But probably the most abused too... they can rust worse than late 90's Mercs as well!

Doing the knowledge now are we? I thought the Honda 90 came as standard now with clipboard on the handlebars.. :p

Cheers,

Gaz
Funny you say that, another one I bid on that was near my house was being sold by a guy who was doing/done the knowledge, right scabby cub it was, but went cheap at £230.

At this sort of money I can tinker with it and leave at the back of the garage for the day when they make 3 or 4 grand lke the lammys and Vespas that you could'nt give away in the early 80's! (dream on!).

As for mid-life crisis, that is well under way, gonna start my full bike license next month and then its triumph SuperAmerica time!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom