Forked by farmer.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Peasants, it's actually "Gair orf moi laand!"

Last edited:
It's criminal damage and you have a right I expect him to reimburse you, in the same way he has a right to expect your insurance company to reimburse him.
Whether you decide to report the matter to the police is up to you.

Well he did report it to the police, and the police decided that it was not criminal damage.

That story is a load of rubbish.

If the car was found in the farmyard, the farmer can be charged for taking the car without consent. The fact that the police dont want to get involved in the matter proves it's a load of rubbish.

:fail

Well he did report it to the police, and the police decided that it was not criminal damage.

Sorry didn't catch that first time...quelle surprise the police don't want to get involved in an act of criminality against an innocent party.
I'm sure his insurance company won't leave it there though.

That story is a load of rubbish.

If the car was found in the farmyard, the farmer can be charged for taking the car without consent. The fact that the police dont want to get involved in the matter proves it's a load of rubbish.

:fail

Whether or not the story is rubbish we can only speculate.

What the farmer is saying is that his fence was trashed and that he had to move the car and make it good to safeguard his livestock.

I'd probably have done the same.:D

That is for the court to decide , not the police .

The police are there to enforce the law , not to make it up as they see fit .

Correct course of action is to report accident as damage to another's property (fence) occurred. Then insurance claim. And recovery of vehicle by the normal post accident method. None of this would have hampered immediate fence repair to secure livestock, nor need it have taken the farmer's time beyond phoning a fencer.

That a car can be thrown around by man-with-forklift and the police do nothing appalls me.

Whether or not the story is rubbish we can only speculate.

What the farmer is saying is that his fence was trashed and that he had to move the car and make it good to safeguard his livestock.

I'd probably have done the same.:D

The farmer has a right to mend his fence . He still has to take reasonable care not to cause unnecessary damage to the abandoned car . Pulling it out of the field with a tractor would probably have been alright , even if he had inadvertently scratched the sides pulling it through the broken fence .

Spearing the car with a fork lift , demonstrated reckless disregard for someone else's property and is clearly a deliberate act of neglect . He therefore will be made to pay .

What a complete a***hole the farmer is. Police slope shoulders when the farmer has admitted he caused the damage. Another triumph :rolleyes:

I have moved loads of other people's cars with forklifts in the past but have never needed to spear my forks through the glass or doors. Even when they were repeat offenders.
I have always lifted gently and made sure I was well clear of any exhaust or other suspension components that could potentially be damaged.
So while I agree that the farmer should be able to move it, he should take care whilst moving it.

Sounds as if the farmer on this occasion "lost the heid" as they say here in Scotland . Time , as they say, for the Citroen owner to take legal advice- if he is a member of the RAC [as implied in the piece] he may be able to get that as a part of his benefits of membership

His insurer will be keen to recover the costs from elsewhere. Lad makes claim, gets a crime ref number, has an admission farmer damaged car, they'll pursue farmer and if the funds aren't recovered, he'll have an at fault claim. If they are successful in recovering the funds, he'll have 1 non fault claim.

I think the Insurance company will pursue this as the Farmer did cause the damage and has admitted to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom