Form an ordely queue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I heard the depreciation was pretty scary, but still ...

Did their finger slip from 4 to 1 on the key pad?

Just gave them a call to place a deposit:D price is £33K plus. Shame, could have bought one for the Mrs and one for the lad at that price.

thats prob 11k depo price ;)

Just gave them a call to place a deposit:D price is £33K plus. Shame, could have bought one for the Mrs and one for the lad at that price.

:eek: I'm sure with some help from the advertising standards agency and local press a deal could be done to save a court case when they refuse to sell it for the advertised price. Isn't it what's normally known as con ? :D

I imagine their online price is an "invitation to treat" and as such, you have no grounds to do anything about it.

If I was cynical, one might suggest it was deliberately priced that way to ensure maximum Interweb forum coverageage.

:eek: I'm sure with some help from the advertising standards agency and local press a deal could be done to save a court case when they refuse to sell it for the advertised price. Isn't it what's normally known as con ? :D

They can quite legally refuse to sell.

The advertising standards commission leaves room for E&OE.

In so much as, you are not legally obliged to sell an item at a price if it's a genuine error.

I would doubt they will clear 30k for a c63 with no comand.....

if it's a genuine error.

Which is sort of the point, as said by someone else above, a cynic would say it was an advertising "con" to up the online exposure of their dealership and products. Personally I'm not a cynic, I'm convinced they're taking the P*** ;)

The difficulty you have is proving it's not an error. QED

Absolutely but I'd wager it wouldn't take too long to find a pattern of similar ads over a period if it was the underlying tactic.

All Hypothetically speaking you understand, a car dealership would never do anything so underhand as misleading it's customers, that's like accusing a bank of adjusting interest rates on certain deals for it's own commercial advantage ;)

Surely it's their problem to prove.

Not really, as someone said earlier, advertisements are usually invitations to treat, which allows sellers to refuse to sell products at prices mistakenly marked. The main cases being Carlill v Carbolic Smoke Ball Company, Fisher v Bell and Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain v Boots Cash Chemists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom