Formula 1 2020 (Will Contain Race Day Spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bob6600

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
So 2020 is finally here and only about 6 weeks left until testing starts. I had to indicate in the title that this thread will contain spoilers because we always get the odd moaner who doesn't want the results posted until 3 days after the event :D Do not look into the thread after Qualifying or the Race if you do not want to know the results!

Right, so here is the calendar, including testing dates and driver line up

The 2020 F1 race calendar
March 15 Australian GP - Melbourne
March 22 Bahrain GP - Sakhir
April 5 Vietnam GP - Hanoi
April 19 Chinese GP - Shanghai
May 3 Dutch GP - Zandvoort*
May 10 Spanish GP - Barcelona
May 24 Monaco GP - Monaco
June 7 Azerbaijan GP - Baku
June 14 Canadian GP - Montreal
June 28 French GP - Paul Ricard
July 5 Austrian GP - Spielberg
July 19 British GP - Silverstone
August 2 Hungarian GP - Budapest
August 30 Belgian GP - Spa-Francorchamps
September 6 Italian GP - Monza
September 20 Singapore GP - Marina Bay
September 27 Russian GP - Sochi
October 11 Japanese GP - Suzuka
October 25 United States GP - Austin
November 1 Mexico City GP - Mexico City
November 15 Brazilian GP - Interlagos
November 29 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina
* Subject to circuit homologation

The 2020 F1 Testing schedule
February 19-21 Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona
February 26-28 Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona

The 2020 F1 driver line-ups
Mercedes Lewis Hamilton Valtteri Bottas
Ferrari Sebastian Vettel Charles Leclerc
Red Bull Max Verstappen Alexander Albon
McLaren Carlos Sainz Lando Norris
Renault Daniel Ricciardo Esteban Ocon
Alpha Tauri Pierre Gasly Daniil Kvyat
Racing Point Sergio Perez Lance Stroll
Alfa Romeo Kimi Raikkonen Antonio Giovinazzi
Haas Romain Grosjean Kevin Magnussen
Williams George Russell Nicholas Latifi​

Coincidentally we’ve just finished watching The Review of 2019 on Sky F1 (recorded from yesterday). Looking back it was a great season with 5 different race winners. It’s really got us in the mood for testing and the first race in Melbourne. :banana:

I’m hoping McLaren will have a strong year too. :)

I use to enjoy watching F1 but it’s just so predictable these days with the top 3 drivers having a shuffle on the podium at the conclusion of each race.
It reminds me of the Schumacher days when the winner could be safely predicted b4 the race had even started.
I don’t suppose that will change until Lewis jumps ship.
I don’t wish to take anything away from the drivers because they are clearly v.talented but Lewis does appear to be in a league of his own.
Max will be the one to watch over the coming seasons.
I like to watch the start and finish and arrange for my home help to call during the race. It’s always a good time to change a bag or two.:eek:

Interesting read, especially if you're in IT

Want to reduce costs? Bin ship to shore during race weekends. If you need to contact base do it on your phone.

If the last 30 years have taught us anything, it is that a cost cap and F1 are mutually exclusive! However hard the regulators try, the 'clever' team members will always find a way to spend any available money outside any 'cost cap'
What else can you do with over £700 m ....?:confused:

With that much money you would think they could afford air con for the data centre. He is a brave man running servers in a 48 Deg C ambient. On that basis I could turn off all the aircon in our server rooms at work but I'd be panicking long before 48 Deg C.

With that much money you would think they could afford air con for the data centre. He is a brave man running servers in a 48 Deg C ambient. On that basis I could turn off all the aircon in our server rooms at work but I'd be panicking long before 48 Deg C.

I understand they have less faith that mobile air con will continue to function at all temperatures in all corners of the world than they do for the hard working servers going down:dk:

You know me better than I know me ;)

Interesting read, especially if you're in IT

Want to reduce costs? Bin ship to shore during race weekends. If you need to contact base do it on your phone.
Im' no IT guy but in my work I see the effect too much heat in a control cabinet can have , so why do MB IT people have such a set up without any type of forced cooling ?? seems like madness to me. I work in factories all over the globe, some have air con/air handling..many do not but lots of the equipment I work on have small air-con units bolted to the side of the electrical cabinets , is the 'norm.

Someone in MB F1 IT needs to have a word with himself.

I think they must be trying to make the data centre robust against a common mode failure i.e. an aircon unit but they could have several small aircon units and not attempt to keep temperatures right down at 20 C. Just taking the edge off and keeping it below 30 C would be more than enough. Servers and switches can operate in temperatures that would be uncomfortable for humans so purely on environmental grounds I tend to set air con set points some way above 20 C to save energy which is not trivial when these units operate 24/7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom