Formula 1 2020 (Will Contain Race Day Spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Race Director confirmed Bottas didn't trigger the false start indicator. There is something like a 2 tenths of a second tolerance and he was inside it.

Does that mean if you go <0.2 seconds too early there is no false start ?

Does that mean if you go <0.2 seconds too early there is no false start ?

Not sure, but they would also have to take into account the permissable reaction time. Remember Sochi a few years ago? I think Bottas was still in his pit box when he stopped. For some reason the lights in his car (linked to the start lights I guess) went out before the main lights so he went, stopped and went again.

If anyone gets bored... F1 Start Timer

Not sure, but they would also have to take into account the permissable reaction time. Remember Sochi a few years ago? I think Bottas was still in his pit box when he stopped. For some reason the lights in his car (linked to the start lights I guess) went out before the main lights so he went, stopped and went again.

If anyone gets bored... F1 Start Timer

Attachments

• DE6980D2-A114-47AC-BBA8-B31F84E3924B.png
    DE6980D2-A114-47AC-BBA8-B31F84E3924B.png
    207.4 KB · Views: 11
0.226s third try.

I should be in an F1 car, it is official.
Ten one thousandths makes me superhuman.

OK, I cheated, just kept looking for an advantage like an F1 team. ;)

Untitled.jpg

If, as the Haas decision would imply, telling the drivers to pit for tyres counts as a driver aid, how does running a race simulation and deciding in advance when to make pit stops, or telling a driver to 'switch to C blue 6' get around the rule?

If, as the Haas decision would imply, telling the drivers to pit for tyres counts as a driver aid, how does running a race simulation and deciding in advance when to make pit stops, or telling a driver to 'switch to C blue 6' get around the rule?

"Teams can instruct their drivers to pit during the race, but not prior to the start."

More nonsense.

Does that then mean they cannot tell them to pit during practice or qualifying or is there another regulation to cover this?

A masterful drive from Lewis today. He didn't put a foot wrong all race.
Fine effort from Max and Red Bull mechanics after his warm up incident

A masterful drive from Lewis today.

Indeed.

But when it comes to some of what he says publicly I wonder if he has for one moment considered the Petronas sponsorship he carries so publicly.

But when it comes to some of what he says publicly I wonder if he has for one moment considered the Petronas sponsorship he carries so publicly.

Doubt it, does not fit with his agenda, so unlikely to be on his mind.

Then again, taxes and finding ways to not pay them. Perhaps why he carries the sponsorship as he agrees with it.

Doubt it, does not fit with his agenda, so unlikely to be on his mind.

Maybe somebody should educate him as to the racial politics of Malaysia and the restrictions that minority groups in Malaysia have in doing business with their own state owned oil company. And perhaps if he reviewed their board makeup he might find that also is an interesting reflection of the state to which it belongs.

Going to be a very dull season the mercs are so much better than everyone else. Only leaves Bottas to challenge Hamilton. Could probably already award the manufacturers trophy.

Bottas is not as good as Rosberg against Hamilton... So it’s title no.7 for Hamilton.

Bottas is not as good as Rosberg against Hamilton... So it’s title no.7 for Hamilton.
Nico had a longer term relationship with Lewis and used that to get into his head. Even then it was a close thing, without the engine failure in Malaysia(?), Lewis would have won the title.

Indeed.

Or even Mercedes use of slave labour. Maybe that's not far back enough in history to matter.

Or even Mercedes use of slave labour. Maybe that's not far back enough in history to matter.
There's a great deal of selective indignation (or hypocrisy, if you prefer) in the current campaigns. This is why, traditionally, strident efforts have been made to keep politics (in the broader term) out of sport.

While I’m sure Lewis is sincere about his aims to increase diversity in motorsport, he has also demonstrated what many would see as convenient “blind spots” in the choice of targets for his ire. Perhaps it’s time for him to reflect on the fact that actions taken outside the glare of publicity often achieve their aims more effectively?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom