Formula 1 2020 (Will Contain Race Day Spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You know when you're getting old when..... Kimi is the only current F1 driver I have actually run!
...but there are plenty in the Sky team of pundits I have either run or know. I guess it's a generational thing :dk:
I'll consider myself re-tyred, but is that the mediums or softs.....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

1m 34s 😊

The result from Spa was a farce! Lewis performed such an exciting overtake on him to cross the line first.

Yeah, I remember it well. But IMO McLaren lost that title in China when they left Lewis out too long and he got beached in the pit lane. 😱

Yeah, I remember it well. But IMO McLaren lost that title in China when they left Lewis out too long and he got beached in the pit lane. 😱

Well, mistakes at the sharp end are more obvious, but a title run is built over the incremental points of a season's events - see Rosberg's tenacious WDC, capitalising on Hamiliton's multitudinous failures.

3 more venues added to the calendar

The 2020 F1 calendar - so far
COMPLETED: Austrian GP, Red Bull Ring
COMPLETED: Styrian GP, Red Bull Ring
COMPLETED: Hungarian GP, Budapest
August 2: British GP, Silverstone
August 9: 70th Anniversary GP, Silverstone
August 16: Spanish GP, Barcelona
August 30: Belgian GP, Spa-Francorchamps
September 6: Italian GP, Monza
September 13: Tuscan GP, Mugello
September 27: Russian GP, Sochi
October 11: Eifel GP, Nurburgring
October 25: Portuguese GP, Portimao
November 1: Emilia Romagna GP, Imola

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

1m 34s 😊
Yep, it is a generational thing as I have absolutely no idea what the Pet Shop Boys or the time refer to! :dk:

Yep, it is a generational thing as I have absolutely no idea what the Pet Shop Boys or the time refer to! :dk:

haha. Sorry. It was fairly tenuous. A line in that song at the timeline I posted was: ‘which do you choose, the hard or soft option?’. I doubt they were referring to tyres 😁, but that line always made me think of F1.

haha. Sorry. It was fairly tenuous. A line in that song at the timeline I posted was: ‘which do you choose, the hard or soft option?’. I doubt they were referring to tyres 😁, but that line always made me think of F1.
Ahhh! I'm normally quite good with tenuous, but that one must go down as 'elevenuous'...with apologies to Spinal Tap :rolleyes:

If you think this year's Pink Mercedes was a copy, wait until next year! I read an interesting article last night about RP (Aston Martin) exploiting a loophole next year. As the regs will be virtually the same, the teams are only allowed 2 tokens to upgrade their car. This does not include 'non listed parts'. Previous years' parts become non listed and so Aston Martin are looking to purchase the W11's rear suspension and transmission as they will be non listed and should fit well into their W10 copy cat. This will not use their tokens and teams have already voiced their concerns over how fair this would be, especially McLaren who are changing to a Mercedes PU and have to use their tokens to accommodate this.

Coronavirus: Lewis Hamilton deletes vaccine conspiracy theory post Hamilton deletes vaccine conspiracy theory post
A fine example of how the cult of celebrity can spread garbage.

Celebrities may have world-class levels of talent in one field, but that encourages many of them into the deluded view that they have "something to say" that's worthwhile on matters well outside their narrow zone of expertise. Social media then provides them an unfiltered platform from which to spout and demonstrate to the world that they aren't as smart as they think they are - except to the hard of thinking who idolise them and believe their delusions.

Perhaps it is a case of "When Hamiliton saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"...

Reactions: 190
^^^Aren't they already a special case, in that they get an extra barrowload of money just for being Ferrari?

Setting up a pleading case for special treatment by the FIA?
Or too cynical a view?
I suspect not, as they already admitted it is a hole they have dug for themselves, and you can't just buy yourself out of the technical pit they are currently in.
We knew about the engine power and the aerodynamic drama's, but they have also now said they have car dynamic issues as well.
...and I'll take a wild (well, semi-educated actually) guess, that all those things are interactive.

It can’t be a coincidence that Ferrari and Ducati struggle to manage their teams...what links them🤔

Even Rossi couldn't get the Ducati MotoGP bike to work....

It can’t be a coincidence that Ferrari and Ducati struggle to manage their teams...what links them🤔

Even Rossi couldn't get the Ducati MotoGP bike to work....
Well there's this:

'Ducati (company) Ducati is a group of companies, best known for manufacturing motorcycles and headquartered in Borgo Panigale, Bologna, Italy. The group is owned by German automotive manufacturer Audi through its Italian subsidiary Lamborghini, which is in turn owned by the Volkswagen Group.'

Plagiarised by Google from wikipedia...

Ducati are competitive enough at the moment. They claimed 3rd and 4th place in the first Motogp of the season.

For anyone without BT sport, Quest are running a Motogp highlights show again on the Monday or Tuesday evening following the race. Quest now also have catch up service at MotoGP Highlights where you can watch the first two races.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom