Formula 1 2020 (Will Contain Race Day Spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It can’t be a coincidence that Ferrari and Ducati struggle to manage their teams...what links them🤔

Even Rossi couldn't get the Ducati MotoGP bike to work....
I suspect the fact they are both red and Italian is the only common factor.
Ducati have been run by Audi Sport for a few years now and have a strong bike. They didn't have that when Rossi was there.
I feel the problem over the last few years is they haven't had a 'alien' in the team like Marquez. Dovi is a really good rider, just not in the 'alien' catorgry like Stoner was.
Watch the Ducati over the next few races at circuits that will play to its strengths.
Watch out also for Miller and Bagnaia on the Ducatis, they are showing signs they might turn 'alien' as Quartararo has done for Yamaha.

mmm...... What if a white racing driver had done that?

I don't understand the point you are making or suggesting, but a foolish action is as significant to skin colour as it is to the colour of one's iris.

I suspect the fact they are both red and Italian is the only common factor.
Ducati have been run by Audi Sport for a few years now and have a strong bike. They didn't have that when Rossi was there.
I feel the problem over the last few years is they haven't had a 'alien' in the team like Marquez. Dovi is a really good rider, just not in the 'alien' catorgry like Stoner was.
Watch the Ducati over the next few races at circuits that will play to its strengths.
Watch out also for Miller and Bagnaia on the Ducatis, they are showing signs they might turn 'alien' as Quartararo has done for Yamaha.

Agreed - I was referencing the last 5 years or so, post Stoner, and playing to the stereotypical Italian chaos..

Surprised Audi didn’t take the reigns earlier but I guess they’ve been distracted recently...

on current form they might have found some aliens - I’m not sure Dovi is a shoe in.

I don't understand the point you are making or suggesting, but a foolish action is as significant to skin colour as it is to the colour of one's iris.

I'm guessing that there would be a bigger outcry and less forgiveness.

^ He said he was feeling rough at the Hungarian race.
Hope he is back for the 2nd British GP.

^ He said he was feeling rough at the Hungarian race.
Hope he is back for the 2nd British GP.

I would think they have to self isolate for longer than that but happy to be corrected

On that note we should find out Saturday if reports are correct about Perez's contract clause

^ I think you are correct Bob. 14 days isn't it?
Wonder who Racing Point will put in the car for the two races?

^ I think you are correct Bob. 14 days isn't it?
Wonder who Racing Point will put in the car for the two races?

Vandoorne might get a shot. He's Mercedes reserve driver. They've got everything else of Mercedes....Not that I mind. But couldn't resist that one 😉

^ Guttierez is also Racing Point test driver. They may even run each driver different weeks.

Chance for the hulk to get a drive perhaps?

I think that it'd be awful if, at the pointy end, the WDC was determined by a driver having to miss a couple of races due to self isolation.

I have sympathy for Perez. Unfortunately, not even F1 is immune to the realities of this Covidian era.
In his position, I might well be feeling sick if I was forced out of the team so that 'daddies boy' could be retained.

It is interesting though; there must have been a financial matrix agreed for constructors, should their ability to accrue points be compromised as a result of symptom-driven isolation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom