Formula 1 2020 (Will Contain Race Day Spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yeah. Silverstone won’t be the same this year (just like all the races I guess). We usually look forward to and enjoy the Live Friday evening Sky F1 Show Trackside.
Still looking forward to the race weekend though. 😊

RP doesn't have an official reserve driver but yes SVD and GUT were the likely candidates however the Hulk got it! So Hulk is replacing Perez this weekend and his FP1 times were 5-6 tenths off Stroll. Hopefully with a bit more track time, he will be a bit closer although his first effort is a good one.

The Red Bulls look very tail-happy. Right on cue, Albon reverses into the barriers at high speed. Ouch.

Not a great day for my boy Sebastian 🤮 Here's hoping he can have a good day tomorrow. Great day for RP and Stroll. Good to see Hulk back 0.150 behind stroll on the mediums. Good show that 🏎️

Looked very low grip out there today. Cars were losing the front-end on one lap, the back-end on the next. The Ferraris were awful.

I just found out that Perez went to Mexico to catch C19. What an absolute dickhead. Completely reckless behaviour without any thought for anybody else in the F1 'bubble'. Chuck him out of the championship, that should serve as a warning that such appalling behaviour will not be tolerated

Last edited:
I just found out that Perez went to Mexico to catch C19. What an absolute dickhead. Completely reckless behaviour without any thought for anybody else in the F1 'bubble'. Chuck him out of the championship, that should serve as a warning that such appalling behaviour will not be tolerated

Would he not have had permission from his team before travelling home to Mexico?
I wonder what all the other drivers do when there is a 2 week break in races?

I do agree it was very unwise to make that trip, but throw him out seems harsh?

Did you find out why he went?

No I didn't and whatever the reason I don't care. These 'elite' sportsmen and women have been given strictly controlled exemptions from the rather inconvenient but necessary restrictions we mere mortals must follow, but even that's not enough for him.

No I didn't and whatever the reason I don't care. These 'elite' sportsmen and women have been given strictly controlled exemptions from the rather inconvenient but necessary restrictions we mere mortals must follow, but even that's not enough for him.
His mother had been recovering in hospital after suffering some kind of accident. He went to see her after she came home.

What, you mean like the rest of us who couldn't say one last goodbye, couldn't hug our own parents or couldn't even attend their funerals? But it's okay for him?

What, you mean like the rest of us who couldn't say one last goodbye, couldn't hug our own parents or couldn't even attend their funerals? But it's okay for him?
I'm not saying it's ok for him, I'm just saying he had a reason. I've no idea whether he hugged his mum or not. He travelled by private jet and had health professionals with him apparently. Nevertheless he (no doubt unsurprisingly) came into contact with the virus somewhere. Not sure that throwing him out of F1 is the right thing to do.

Due to shielding on their part, we haven't been able to see my wife's folks since all this C-19 stuff has kicked off. Similarly I've not been able to go and one of my brothers since February. Plus we went months without seeing our young grandchildren. I lost a very good friend to Covid and was unable to go to his funeral or a couple of others for friends that died of other causes. So I do get where you're coming from.

At some point however, we are all just going to have to get on with our lives. C-19 isn't going anywhere, this virus and others that follow will reverberate around the global human population for years to come. Things like human interaction can't be put on hold forever.

Off topic but possibly relevant.

I had a colleague who was at his new holiday home in Italy posting on FB about his new pad when the travel ban came into force he should've quarantined. He deleted all his posts and travelled offshore putting everyone on the flight and offshore at risk. Why...for money...to provide for his family..."Some have reasons....some just couldn't give a flying f**k...all people... different professions"

My quote for the day..

His mother had been recovering in hospital after suffering some kind of accident. He went to see her after she came home.

Then he should have not come back.

Question is who else gets it from him. And of those - who ends up in hospital?

So you stay in the bubble or not. And if you break the rules you are not in the bubble.

"Szafnauer also revealed that two members of Racing Point – Perez’s personal assistant and physiotherapist – travelled with him but had tested negative for the virus. Even so, they will also be quarantining."

Somehow, this reminds me of the ancient cultures in which the possessions of a man are interned with him at death :D

Well looking at the practice sessions,you have to think that Ferrari have gone backwards in terms of getting a car anywhere near the top of the grid,yesterday was horrendous for them,I get the nagging feeling waiting for the third practice that Mercedes are not showing there true form at the moment,will they leave that to qualifying or do something in this practice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom