Formula 1 2020 (Will Contain Race Day Spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mercedes blasted the competition out of the water again. The gap to P3 was massive and the likes of Red Bull must be scratching their heads.
I expected Racing Point to be closer than they were and certainly not to be behind a McLaren.

British GP Qualifying: Top 10
1. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes
2. Valtteri Bottas, Mercedes
3. Max Verstappen, Red Bull
4. Charles Leclerc, Ferrari
5. Lando Norris, McLaren
6. Lance Stroll, Racing Point
7. Carlos Sainz, McLaren
8. Daniel Ricciardo, Renault
9. Esteban Ocon, Renault
10. Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari

No question that Lando was impressively quick. What he needs to do now is match it with an equally impressive race performance. Not that he hasn't already shown that he can do that but his last race was a disappointment.

Looking at that today you have Red Bull and Max wringing everything they can from their car and Mercedes are just too good,whats worse is with all the data recorded from this race,next week Mercedes will be even faster,I suspect that next weeks pole position will be at least .5 seconds faster,I cannot looking at the other cars see where they will improve,the Red Bull is twitchy,the Ferrari well it just does not seem balanced,and looking at the other drivers on the tv they are all working that steering wheel a sure sign their cars are not settled,the only way any of them have a chance is if the mercedes retire for some reason,not much chance of that.

I was very impressed with all the Brits in qualifying today.
Lewis just allowed his team mate to think he was in with a shout, then turned the Mercedes motor and himself up to 11 in Q3 with two laps good enough for pole.
'Last Lap Lando' just seemingly ghosted his way up the grid at the last moment to claim P5.
George just out performed his car....and team mate.

I put it down the masses of cheering British fans:dk:

I was very impressed with all the Brits in qualifying today.
Lewis just allowed his team mate to think he was in with a shout, then turned the Mercedes motor and himself up to 11 in Q3 with two laps good enough for pole.
'Last Lap Lando' just seemingly ghosted his way up the grid at the last moment to claim P5.
George just out performed his car....and team mate.

I put it down the masses of cheering British fans:dk:

Lando has us to thank for today as we’re all dressed in our McL Merch. 😊

Yep. Lewis is the man (again). Shame The Hulk failed to match his teammates.

Max must dream of having a Merc seat alongside Lewis.

Unfortunately, Russell will start at the back after being penalised for ignoring yellow flags when his team mate went off in Q1

Hmmm....British driver closely following teammate who spins. The lap is imperative to grid position and so doesn't 'see' or back off for the yellow. Result = penalty.
Where have I heard that one recently?

I heard that too, however

"He lifted slightly earlier than he had on his previous lap, but his speed was not "significantly" slower than previous laps, although he explained that he was in full control of the car and felt that he would have been able to take avoiding action if needed; and further that he was at a similar speed because he was on a faster lap overall.

"The Stewards reviewed the team radio and noted that the team warned him that a yellow was ahead. They did not specify that it was a double yellow flag. Further, they did not advise him that he needed to abort the lap, following the Race Director's notes in this regard that he should not be able to set a meaningful lap time.

Never mind that what about the blatant unsafe release by Ferrari

Damn! Hulk's car has failed to fire up and will have to start from the pit lane if they can get it running

EDIT: Looks like he won't be taking part :(

Poor Hulk. Hopefully he’ll be in next weekend too.

why the hellhas Crofty gone into Screaming Banshee mode lately??? 😡

Does my nut in, even worse when he goes into the screaming wanting to have Hamiltons baby mode.

he should be replaced by PDR or DC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom