Formula 1 2020 (Will Contain Race Day Spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Did LH bully any other drivers into taking the knee today?

Well, my personal opinion the matter is this: Why not join in with Taking The Knee? It shows a great degree of unity within the F1 community. To me, those refusing to join in (yet claiming they are against racism) are just being stubborn in a ‘No one is telling Me what to do!’ kind of Manor. Even if they think it does no good, neither can it do any harm.

As for the duration, I’d personally like to see it before every race indefinitely. 👍

^^^Why for this particular cause? What if other drivers demanded a pre race demonstration for their heartfelt causes too? How many should be indulged?

^^^Why for this particular cause?

Because IMO it’s the right time to encourage change.

The fact that @Darrell is a very infrequent poster in this thread yet he felt the need to ‘stir the pot’ Speaks volumes.

Because IMO it’s the right time to encourage change.

The fact that @Darrell is a very infrequent poster in this thread yet he felt the need to ‘stir the pot’ Speaks volumes.
I’m not stirring the pot all mate and I wasn’t asking for your personal opinion either. And please don’t assume I feel the need to ‘stir the pot.

I read this section a lot because I like F1 but don’t comment on it because I know nothing about it.

Last edited:
^^^Why for this particular cause? What if other drivers demanded a pre race demonstration for their heartfelt causes too? How many should be indulged?

I might respect F1 rather more if the leading team didn't splash Petronas over its overalls and car while claiming to want to 'End Racism'

It seems to me that it's all about the money and they aren't too bothered about where they race or who pays for the racing if the public don't ask too many questions.

Well with regard the tyres,unless the tyre experts say different,I think Kimi losing his front spoiler which shattered under his front left and let lts crap get on the track surface could be the reason three tyres failed more or less at the same time,but as I said earlier a upset is the only way Red Bull are going to score lots of points.

Well with regard the tyres,unless the tyre experts say different,I think Kimi losing his front spoiler which shattered under his front left and let lts crap get on the track surface could be the reason three tyres failed more or less at the same time,but as I said earlier a upset is the only way Red Bull are going to score lots of points.
With the extreme cornering speeds and loads, Silverstone is very tough on tyres. It looks as though Pirelli may have got their sums wrong.

With the extreme cornering speeds and loads, Silverstone is very tough on tyres. It looks as though Pirelli may have got their sums wrong.
The problem today stems from the fact that most runners pitted early for a 'cheap' pitstop under the safety car caused by Kyvat, and ran the tyres longer than intended to avoid another stop before the end of the race.
Indeed, Silverstone is extreme on tyres and I think we learned from today who has the most downforce and therefore tyre load.
Interestingly, the recent results and the tyre issues today indicate that McLaren also have good downforce....and that Lando has learnt to manage his tyres with wisdom beyond his age.

^^I think Lando could become a properly outstanding driver. Will be interesting to see how he develops this year and how he stacks up against Riciardo (sp?) next year.

Last edited:
^^I think Lando could become a properly outstanding driver. Will be interesting to see how he develops this year and how he stacks up against Riciardo (sp?) next year.

Definitely. I only hope they (continue to) give him a competitive car T ok keep him from straying. 🙄

I love the fact that Lando has now qualms in dobbing Dan Ric into the race steward for erratic driving under safety car. Future team mates :D

At least the last 3 laps livened up an otherwise pretty dull race.
Unlucky Bottas missing out on any points and Lewis increasing his lead.
It's almost embarrassing to watch how superior the Mercedes are to every other team.
Unless they have a problem or make a mistake they should finish 1/2 every race such is their advantage.

DC is still a nob.

If he drunk in my local I'd flit.
I quite like him, it’s Steve Jones that spoils it for me. Give his job to Lee MacKenzie, she seems to be a lot more knowledgeable (or better researched) than Jones.

Reactions: 190
SJ does aim to be funny...

...and misses like Chris Waddle

Well as I thought Pirelli,have inspected MV Red Bull tyres he changed near the end of the race as well as all the tyres to find the cause,and inspection of the Red Bull tyres found around 50 cuts in the tyres caused by stuff on the track,Pirelli say that by Tuesday they should have some news about what happened ,they say 38 laps on hard tyres should be ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom