Formula 1 2022 (Will Contain Spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Maybe after he persuaded MB to get his car painted black and had the drivers kneeling at every race he now believes he has enough influence to bend the rules that existed before he entered F1?

It would be interesting to know how many other drivers share his love of jewellery?
I do think that there are times that Hamilton would do better to concentrate on the task(s) of being a racing driver and pay less attention to being ‘cool’ and influential.

I noticed yesterday that the only (visible) jewellery he had on when he got in the car was a nose stud. No rings, watches, necklaces, earrings or studs. I’ve no idea why he’s made this a ‘ditch to die in’. Would have thought there were more important issues…

Plenty of big watches and so on being worn by other drivers in an around the paddock, so they do seem to like a bit of bling. That said, I guess they wear what their sponsors pay them to wear, though my guess is that it all comes off when they get in their racing overalls and put their helmet on.

Edit - though according to Mr. Benson’s article some of them do wear jewellery in the car…

Last edited:
Not sure why a lot of members on here (no pun intended) think piercings can just be popped in and out like a pair of stud earrings .
Some are forged in place , sure they can be removed but not in a manner that they can just be popped back in .

But if the FIA are banning them as a safety issue , then so be it.

Darrel , not sure why Sir Lewis would not be able wear a wedding ring . Here is a photo of the wedding ring on the finger of another very famous Lord of the realm (rings ?)

1652025106972.png

Different scenario I know but I’ve worked on 2no HS2 contracts.
You won’t believe the amount of rules, regulations and paperwork that are needed to do even the smallest and simplest tasks and of course I moaned like hell about it.

I was told by one of the project managers that if I didn’t like the rules I was more than welcome to **** off to another job. Its was as simple as that.

Every time I see someone working in heavy industry/mechanical handling wearing a wedding ring it makes me shudder. The injuries that can be caused by even the slightest 'catch' can be horrendous.

Even typing that gave me the heebie jeebies ! No I am not squeamish. google for images it if you like :eek:

Every time I see someone working in heavy industry/mechanical handling wearing a wedding ring it makes me shudder. The injuries that can be caused by even the slightest 'catch' can be horrendous.
Completely agree. One of the quickest ways to lose a finger (or worse) 😱

I slipped down a roof once and got a ring I was wearing caught on a plastic gutter clip. The clip snapped so the wasn’t an issue but it scared the shite out of me so I stopped wearing it after that.
I once saw someone lose a finger. Him and his mates were kicking a tennis ball about and it got stuck a good few feet up a chain link fence. The guy jumped up to get the ball, his ring got stuck in the fence and he came down minus a finger…

I also saw someone short out a starter solenoid to Earth via his stainless steel ‘Steve McQueen’ watch strap. Got a nasty burn on his wrist.

I once saw someone lose a finger. Him and his mates were kicking a tennis ball about and it got stuck a good few feet up a chain link fence. The guy jumped up to get the ball, his ring got stuck in the fence and he came down minus a finger…
Awful stuff.

I do think that there are times that Hamilton would do better to concentrate on the task(s) of being a racing driver and pay less attention to being ‘cool’ and influential.

I noticed yesterday that the only (visible) jewellery he had on when he got in the car was a nose stud. No rings, watches, necklaces, earrings or studs. I’ve no idea why he’s made this a ‘ditch to die in’. Would have thought there were more important issues…

Plenty of big watches and so on being worn by other drivers in an around the paddock, so they do seem to like a bit of bling. That said, I guess they wear what their sponsors pay them to wear, though my guess is that it all comes off when they get in their racing overalls and put their helmet on.

Edit - though according to Mr. Benson’s article some of them do wear jewellery in the car…
If the reports are to be believed he actually threatened to not race if he had to comply saying some about Miami being a

very poor show from Lewis if he really was threatening that he’d drop out of the race as “we have a spare driver and Miami is a great city with lots to do so I’m good either way”. Surely Mercedes need all the racing laps they can muster to gain live data to get on top of their stability issues?

He may be a brilliant driver and have multiple championships to his name, but that sounds like the polar opposite of good sportsmanship.

It sounds more like “I’m taking my ball and going home”. I hope Toto can talk some sense into him before he turns himself into a laughing stock.

Even typing that gave me the heebie jeebies ! No I am not squeamish. google for images it if you like :eek:
Even a simple accident at home from a wedding ring can be terrible. I’ve seem it happen to a friend.

If the reports are to be believed he actually threatened to not race if he had to comply saying some about Miami being a

very poor show from Lewis if he really was threatening that he’d drop out of the race as “we have a spare driver and Miami is a great city with lots to do so I’m good either way”. Surely Mercedes need all the racing laps they can muster to gain live data to get on top of their stability issues?

He may be a brilliant driver and have multiple championships to his name, but that sounds like the polar opposite of good sportsmanship.

It sounds more like “I’m taking my ball and going home”. I hope Toto can talk some sense into him before he turns himself into a laughing stock.
He is a dummy spitter (always has been).

Thinks he can call the shots and sulks when it does not go his way.

I just chose not to get married so no issues with wearing a ring at work 😎

I do however wear my nose ring at work. Have adopted a Hamilton can't take it out stance 😱

I do however wear my nose ring at work. Have adopted a Hamilton can't take it out stance 😱
If it was in the rules that you’d have to remove it, would you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom