Formula 1 2022 (Will Contain Spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It is in the rules and i haven't
We’re now wondering what your job might be if you’re allowed to disregard rules? Obviously it’s your business and there’s no compulsion to explain, but you’ll understand if people are curious?

I do think that there are times that Hamilton would do better to concentrate on the task(s) of being a racing driver and pay less attention to being ‘cool’ and influential.

I noticed yesterday that the only (visible) jewellery he had on when he got in the car was a nose stud. No rings, watches, necklaces, earrings or studs. I’ve no idea why he’s made this a ‘ditch to die in’. Would have thought there were more important issues…

Plenty of big watches and so on being worn by other drivers in an around the paddock, so they do seem to like a bit of bling. That said, I guess they wear what their sponsors pay them to wear, though my guess is that it all comes off when they get in their racing overalls and put their helmet on.

Edit - though according to Mr. Benson’s article some of them do wear jewellery in the car…
Pretty much every driver has a watch sponsor but I haven’t seen any wear theirs whilst driving. I did like the images of watches printed on some of their driving gloves though. Great product placement!

I think LH has reached his crossroads in life. He’s enjoyed a great career, made his fortune and has security. He likes music, fashion, celebrity status and seems to be happier hanging out in the USA than performing his corporate duties.

Skipping the end of year FIA awards dinner was a good pointer to how his ego is working and perhaps his underperforming car has given him the perfect excuse for him to leave?

Pretty much every driver has a watch sponsor but I haven’t seen any wear theirs whilst driving. I did like the images of watches printed on some of their driving gloves though. Great product placement!

I think LH has reached his crossroads in life. He’s enjoyed a great career, made his fortune and has security. He likes music, fashion, celebrity status and seems to be happier hanging out in the USA than performing his corporate duties.

Skipping the end of year FIA awards dinner was a good pointer to how his ego is working and perhaps his underperforming car has given him the perfect excuse for him to leave?

The bits in bold?

😂🥱 😂

Give your head a wobble. You did start of making sense, until you didn't ....

Rules are there to be broken
Bet you wouldn’t say that if somebody in your family died due to some dickhead who thought he could break the rules.

I’ve been on the sharp end of dealing with a wife whose husband died in an accident on a construction site due to somebody breaking the rules.

So no. Rules aren’t there to be broken.

Bet you wouldn’t say that if somebody in your family died due to some dickhead who thought he could break the rules.

I’ve been on the sharp end of dealing with a wife whose husband died in an accident on a construction site due to somebody breaking the rules.

So no. Rules aren’t there to be broken.
My comment was tongue in cheek

Sounds a horrible situation.

The rule is there for foreign bodies in the product.

The issue would be scrap product as it wouldn't go out. There is no chance of a fatality if it got into the product as it wouldn't be released to the public anyways.

My comment was tongue in cheek

Sounds a horrible situation.

The rule is there for foreign bodies in the product.

The issue would be scrap product as it wouldn't go out. There is no chance of a fatality if it got into the product as it wouldn't be released to the public anyways.
I know it was tongue in cheek.

I fight the rules and I’m known for it but the trick is learning to keep your gob shut at the right time.

I’m getting older now so sometimes it’s not worth the hassle.

Not sure I could buy into another Miami razzle dazzle again. For some reason I just don't get that car park, I mean track and the glitzy glamour nonsense with it. Maybe that's the direction Liberty want to take it?

Unsure why LH didn't let GR pass him which could have given him a chance to catch up with Perez. GR had the luck of the safety car on his side again which was handy. Good drive by CLC and MV.

The bits in bold?

😂🥱 😂

The bits in bold?

😂🥱 😂

Time will tell I guess but when someone threatens to not race just as the season gets going you have to question their commitment to both the team and the sport. Maybe he’s frustrated with the car, maybe he can’t stand being beaten by his team mate or perhaps he’s thinking he should have retired at the end of last season. I guess we’ll never know for sure but by failing to attend the FIA dinner (has any other driver ever done that?) and his antics this weekend show he’s not as keen as he used to be……

Ferrari question RB's improvements with budget cap

But in Miami team boss Mattia Binotto finally voiced in public a question Ferrari have held in private for some time - how, under a budget cap, are Red Bull developing their car so much?

"If there is a concern," he said, "it is how much they are developing considering the budget cap.

"But as well as a concern it is maybe a hope because at some stage they will need to stop, otherwise I will not understand how they will do that. We do not have the money to develop every race."

This could get interesting

Not sure I could buy into another Miami razzle dazzle again. For some reason I just don't get that car park, I mean track and the glitzy glamour nonsense with it. Maybe that's the direction Liberty want to take it?

Unsure why LH didn't let GR pass him which could have given him a chance to catch up with Perez. GR had the luck of the safety car on his side again which was handy. Good drive by CLC and MV.
Yes, I was expecting Hamilton to let Russell pass so as to put some pressure on Perez, who pretty much cruised to a 4th place finish. The Merc definitely looked better than it did in FP3.

Ferrari question RB's improvements with budget cap

But in Miami team boss Mattia Binotto finally voiced in public a question Ferrari have held in private for some time - how, under a budget cap, are Red Bull developing their car so much?

"If there is a concern," he said, "it is how much they are developing considering the budget cap.

"But as well as a concern it is maybe a hope because at some stage they will need to stop, otherwise I will not understand how they will do that. We do not have the money to develop every race."

This could get interesting
Maybe Red Bull are more efficient than Ferrari, e.g. lower overheads, better organised and maybe they still get some assistance from Honda…

Maybe Red Bull are more efficient than Ferrari, e.g. lower overheads, better organised and maybe they still get some assistance from Honda…
All those suggestions are quite possible.
Honda, as you might imagine, are a very 'honourable' company.
They have been known in the past to mostly pay for a team called Brawn to win a World Championship with a Mercedes engine in the back!.....

Not sure Ferrari pay more than Red Bull (higher overheads etc) , when working in Modena some years ago with a bunch of clever tech minded people I asked why they didn't go the road not Marenello (some were from there) , it.'s only a short drive. And work at the Ferrari factory ?

The answer was basically 'you look good in your Ferrari workwear and it sounds good in the pub but the pay is $hite !'

how true that was I couldnt possibly say. :D

Not sure Ferrari pay more than Red Bull (higher overheads etc) , when working in Modena some years ago with a bunch of clever tech minded people I asked why they didn't go the road not Marenello (some were from there) , it.'s only a short drive. And work at the Ferrari factory ?

The answer was basically 'you look good in your Ferrari workwear and it sounds good in the pub but the pay is $hite !'

how true that was I couldnt possibly say. :D
I could believe it. Many years ago i had a sabbatical from the oil industry and found myself supplying staff to McLaren in Woking. Pay and benefits were incredibly low. According to their HR Mgr at the time "...people should want to work at McLaren almost for free....". They had a huge turnover of staff.

Interestingly, one time i was over there (this is before they moved to the new site) i saw one of the big Ferrari F1 team artics parked by one of the McLaren workshops. I wonder what that would have been about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom