Formula 1 BBC coverage for 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
if you want to watch it all live - yes.

Yes you will need a sky sports subscription and maybe a pay per view fee, £15 was mentioned.

BBC will only show approx half live F1 races

Another disaster not only do you need a sky sports subscription but it will also be full of bl*ody adverts again spoiling the whole viewing experience just like the shambles it was when ITV had it. This is a big blow for motorsport viewing in the UK and will turn people off watching the sport for sure:mad:

What a load of cack.

I think the BBC are doing great job of covering F1 at the moment. Full qualy coverage and uninterrupted race day coverage. Great to settle down to on a Sunday afternoon....

Next year..... Grrrrrrr!!!!

This is going to get interesting just reading the the F1 teams business models and sponsorship deals are all based on free to air TV until 2020. If that switches to Sky on a subscription service then where does the money go now teams have budget caps in place? Will sponsors be interested if the audience diminishes? It would certainly reduce the value of a sponsorship deal. Does Mr Ecclestone get even richer? I suspect FOTA will kick back against this as it removes the sport from being viewed by people who choose not to have sky or pay the ransom demanded by sky sports and affects their sponsors in a big way. Guess we watch and see:dk:

Barney Francis, Managing Director of Sky Sports, said: “This is fantastic news for F1 fans and Sky Sports will be the only place to follow every race live and in HD.

Oh really. The only person this will be fantastic news to is Barney Francis.

I would not pay to watch F1 on TV. It is a millionaires sport and already generates huge revenues. This is simply another way of fleecing genuine fans.

dont worry sky are only going to show an advert every time a car does a pitstop !

Absolutely disgraceful - we (the government in particular) have allowed the creation of the Sky monster whose only aim is to fleece subscribers. How the **** have we got into this situation where Sky is one huge monopoly.

That's it, another nail in the coffin for the BBC. Mind you they probably didn't have much say in the matter, just been fed a few titbits to keep them sweet.

God, it's depressing......:mad:

What happened to Bernie's and FOTA's desire that F1 should be on free to air TV to maximize TV audiences and so boost brand names etc for sponsors......oh, I know Sky's cheque book happened :wallbash::wallbash:

I certainly won't be subscribing to Sky to watch the races not shown live by BBC.

hopefully Sky with learn from the errors ITV had and not have advert brakes during the race, however I doubt this due to the huge revenue they generate!

I remember the time some nutter ran out on the track in front of the cars. And they cut to an advert . Ha ha I think that nailed it.
Bloke was ok though.

I've got Sky subscription so I'm not really fussed about that, I don't want to see adverts every 10 minutes then have a "during the break this happened" cue replay... that's just no good to me, what's more, the BBC team do a fantastic job on actually following the race, Martin Brundle, DC, Eddie Jordan, Ted Kravitz and all the rest provide great coverage keeping the audience informed on anything that's unfolding.

I'm quite particular with commentary for example James Allen on ITV - I couldn't deal with him spouting twaddle all the time, it's much better on the BBC so I don't know how Sky could ever compete with that however much money they throw at it. But budget cuts and all the rest of it, always knew BBC would lose F1 but F1 needs to stay free to air to maintain the audiences, just 50% of the races being free to air isn't going to increase or maintain the audiences.

What totally crap news. Coverage on the Beeb is BAFTA-winning, and the best it has been in ages, with audience figures at record levels. so the pesky dwarf Ecclestone decides he isn't quite rich enough and asks SKY to come and open its cheque book.

Now it'll cost £600 to watch half the F1 races on SKY next year - I hope the public are not mental enough to bother. :devil:

Well I wont be watching F1 then.

Not interested in watching "half" the races live and the other "half" on highlights.

I'm not paying for Sky Sports as I'm usually down the pub when sports is on.

Oh wait, I can ask for the F1 in the pub then. :rolleyes:

Now that will go down nicely when there is a Sunday football match on TV as well. :confused:

so sky ruined football and now its started on f1 !

sky ruined football?
there was virtually no live football prior to sky

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom