Formula 1, Moto GP, WSB, 2021 Season

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How does that make Kingspan liable.
It doesn't. This is the usual nonsensical “guilt by association“ we're routinely treated to by the perpetually offended. Grenfell was an utter tragedy that should never have happened, but blaming the manufacturer of a product that was misused is idiotic.

It's the equivalent of blaming Mercedes-Benz for the death of Princess Diana. After all, she
was riding in the back of an S-Class, so it must be their fault 🙄

Hi,
Went shopping in Yas Mall this afternoon - they always have an interesting car in the entrance area in the week running up to the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - which is at the circuit next door.
To our surprise & delight they had a mock-up of the 2022 F1 car on display!
Here are some photos - it certainly looks quite different to this years car - especially the rear wing (with no DRS)

Cheers
Steve

Attachments

• 40847573-ED4B-4073-B271-16B647C1C463.jpeg
    40847573-ED4B-4073-B271-16B647C1C463.jpeg
    647.4 KB · Views: 20
  • E90219CB-FF88-4388-8864-63E342783627.jpeg
    E90219CB-FF88-4388-8864-63E342783627.jpeg
    603 KB · Views: 21
  • 870DBC22-A253-40AC-BA0C-DA7C7F381F95.jpeg
    870DBC22-A253-40AC-BA0C-DA7C7F381F95.jpeg
    655.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 83D01E7D-FD46-423F-872D-40D5C9E7F035.jpeg
    83D01E7D-FD46-423F-872D-40D5C9E7F035.jpeg
    599.3 KB · Views: 20
  • D8D018F5-1577-4B4E-A6AF-EC23379422B4.jpeg
    D8D018F5-1577-4B4E-A6AF-EC23379422B4.jpeg
    694.9 KB · Views: 20
Where's the emoji for PMSL and ROTFL when you need it?? Waiting to see if a drive shaft has been punched into the gearbox resulting in a 5 place grip penalty for a gearbox change.

Well I hope the op never gets caught out by the lack of miles in the battery,but I suppose if you like adventure when you turn out of your driveway then a EQC is the car to give it to you,thankfully anybody who can admit they might have made a mistake with their car that cost over 60grand is made of stern stuff,me well I would be wringing out the hankies,and I see it takes around 40 mins to charge at 400 v charging rate at a 240 you have enough time to order a pub meal and eat it,before you set off on another adventure,well for me we live in strange times.

Waiting to see if a drive shaft has been punched into the gearbox resulting in a 5 place grip penalty for a gearbox change.

After Max hit the wall you can see the suspension arm flapping about and the wheel wobbling. With the wheel unrestrained does that make it more likely he has damaged the gearbox.

After Max hit the wall you can see the suspension arm flapping about and the wheel wobbling. With the wheel unrestrained does that make it more likely he has damaged the gearbox.

I hope not.

But it must be a real dilemma for hs team - take the penalty against the risk of something serious leading to a DNF.

At least with MV we know he could take the penalty and still likely make places - particularly if there was a safety car. I suspect that if Red Bull are in any doubt they'll take the penalty and trust in the ability of their driver on the track to get back up to at least 2nd over race distance - while hoping for a SC to give a chance at 1st.

Its a very similar position that ferrari were in with leclerc in monaco ,what a lap though if he completed it 😉 the race will be interesting

I hope not.

But it must be a real dilemma for hs team - take the penalty against the risk of something serious leading to a DNF.

At least with MV we know he could take the penalty and still likely make places - particularly if there was a safety car. I suspect that if Red Bull are in any doubt they'll take the penalty and trust in the ability of their driver on the track to get back up to at least 2nd over race distance - while hoping for a SC to give a chance at 1st.
Wouldn’t be surprised if Max needs a gearbox/final-drive. Not seeing a lot of places for overtaking this weekend, but hey maybe Max will make his way through.

VB's performance off the start will be important, he needs to make sure MV does not get past him so he can properly tailgun for LH - and potentially force MV into an expensive optimistic mistake....

VB's performance off the start will be important, he needs to make sure MV does not get past him so he can properly tailgun for LH - and potentially force MV into an expensive optimistic mistake....

You have seen how VB has defended this year ?

I don't think MV would expect to be held back by VB for more than one corner.

You have seen how VB has defended this year ?

I don't think MV would expect to be held back by VB for more than one corner.
VB hasn’t put up much resistance against Max so far. He may have a role to play on the overall race strategy, but I can’t see him ‘racing’ Max.

The quandary Red Bull are faced with is whether gearbox is damaged or not. The problem is that it may appear undamaged but possibly fail prematurely during the race due to the weakness of any component stressed by the impact. The car may have G Force sensors of course to help measure just how much impact that driveshaft experienced- but it's still a gamble. My bet is that they will change the gearbox even if Max loses several grid positions since with a faster car he is quite capable overtaking those in front of him. The nature of the track means there may be a high attrition rate of crashed cars during the race and this may also be of assistance in moving up the field. A RB driveshaft failure during the race is game over surely?

The quandary Red Bull are faced with is whether gearbox is damaged or not. The problem is that it may appear undamaged but possibly fail prematurely during the race due to the weakness of any component stressed by the impact. The car may have G Force sensors of course to help measure just how much impact that driveshaft experienced- but it's still a gamble. My bet is that they will change the gearbox even if Max loses several grid positions since with a faster car he is quite capable overtaking those in front of him. The nature of the track means there may be a high attrition rate of crashed cars during the race and this may also be of assistance in moving up the field. A RB driveshaft failure during the race is game over surely?
Agree. Change gearbox and both driveshafts (rebuild both rear corners) would be what I’d be going for. Better to finish third than not at all.

Red Bull will remember what happened to the Ferrari of LeClerc. The gearbox was deemed as being OK after being tested in the garage. On the formation lap under load, it was knackered and he didn't even start the race. I think it's too risky to chance it but Red Bull seem to think it's fine

264605924_4916767851714794_4744268180282744334_n.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom