Formula 1, Moto GP, WSB, 2021 Season

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was watching a random Jay Lenos garage the other night and it was about young(American)kids in motorsport, they did a bit on karting, every single one of them wanted to be in F1 and not one mentioned the indy car or oval stuff.
Cool! Maybe the light is dawning at last...

Can't remember if I posted this already

EDIT: Yes I did in a Sky Sports link but here's the video on it's own anyway

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I wonder what in the way of Honda personnel are included in the deal. There'll be some of Honda's sharpest minds there - and if Honda aren't keen to relinquish them....

Any truth in the Honda using HCCI? Still unanswered. Or have they too adopted TJI?

I wonder what in the way of Honda personnel are included in the deal. There'll be some of Honda's sharpest minds there - and if Honda aren't keen to relinquish them....

Any truth in the Honda using HCCI? Still unanswered. Or have they too adopted TJI?
Ferrari poached one of their (Honda) combustion/engine guys a few years ago IIRC.

Not sure whether or not Honda are using HCCI, but their engine definitely had/has an odd sound about it which was quite noticeable when McLaren had the engine. I was wondering if it was a ‘big bang’ (two cylinders firing at the same time) configuration, or even if was cam-less which could offer some interesting options I guess.

Some pics and a clip of it pulling out of the pits at Silverstone

skysports-mclaren-f1-2021_5273966.jpg

skysports-mclaren-f1-2021_5273962.jpg

Watched a interview with Lando,and he was asked just what will happen in these sprint races,and the guy had no idea what would happen,so it seems the great and good have not worked out just what these sprint races will be like.

Looks like most of his cars have already sold!

Looks like most of his cars have already sold!

These F1 guys are quick!
I guess that if you have the funds to be a speculator, imagine what profit there might well be in a some of these cars a decade or so on?
The post Covidian markets are likely to rocket, so it shouldn't really be a surprise that they are being snapped up now, whatever the asking price.

liking the look of this, very nice website design ... but what about an engine for 2022 could be a RB engine customer or maybe Ferrari ... prob first RB engine customer.
I wonder how accurate the aero details are ... other teams will be studying 🤨

Last edited:

liking the look of this, very nice website design ... but what about an engine for 2022 could be a RB engine customer or maybe Ferrari ... prob first RB engine customer.
I wonder how accurate the aero details are ... other teams will be studying 🤨

Red Bull have agreed to take on the Honda project so it will be Red Bull's 'own' powerplant from 2022

Red Bull have agreed to take on the Honda project so it will be Red Bull's 'own' powerplant from 2022
exactly my point so guessing it should be a straight plug & play in the 'Alphatauri' as it is currently using a Honda power plant and might be better option than the Ferrari unit, although they do have 'Scuderia' in their name .. 🤔

Last edited:
exactly my point so guessing it should be a straight plug & play in the 'Alphatauri' as it is currently using a Honda power plant and might be better option than the Ferrari unit, although they do have 'Scuderia' in their name .. 🤔
Scuderia means ‘stable’, as in stable of horses, so another word for team... I think.

Updated car launch dates

DateTeam
February 15McLaren
February 19AlphaTauri
February 22Alfa Romeo
February 23Red Bull
February 26Ferrari (Team launch)
March 2Mercedes
March 2Alpine
March 3Aston Martin
March 5Williams
March 10Ferrari (Car launch)