Formula 1, Moto GP, WSB, 2021 Season

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good!

Good??? Nonsense! We all know McLaren will race away into the distance this year. 🏆 (🤞)

😁
Maybe so. I just don’t like to see Ferrari so uncompetitive as they were last year, even though it may well have been as a result of some dodgy practice in 2019.

If this year, there can be several teams/drivers capable of getting on pole and winning races, we may see tighter competition for WDC and team championship. None of us want the season to effectively be over half way through.

Defo. It’d be fab to see a wider range of pole sitters and race winners. Some exciting prospects and inter team battles too. Looking forward to it all. 🥳

Last edited by a moderator:

I really must be getting old now when I find that the colour schemes are one of the few obvious differences between F1 cars.
The regulations are now so prescriptive that order to be competitive, the designers are forced to build cars to almost a 'standard' specification.
If they were to change the liveries around on any of the 2021 cars would you notice? Could you tell them apart without a livery?

I'd like to hope 2022 might be different.

The W12

skysports-mercedes-w12-car_5289937.jpg

skysports-mercedes-w12-car_5289936.jpg

Alpine A521

skysports-alpine-f1-car-launch_5290238.jpg

skysports-alpine-f1-2021_5290237.png

As much as I like Lewis (as a driver), I don't want him to remain in F1 if his no.1 priority isn't the WDC. If he wants to focus on helping diversity in the sport, perhaps do it away from the race weekends? I don't disagree with his efforts but I don't want politics in the sport.

I agree whole heartedly, lets focus on the racing. I sincerely hope that political demonstrations of any kind have been banned at race weekends this year.

I personally see BLM as human rights. Not political. I hope they continue at every race weekend. I can do no harm.

I agree whole heartedly, lets focus on the racing. I sincerely hope that political demonstrations of any kind have been banned at race weekends this year.
I don’t think we seen the last of this as witnessed by this seasons choice of colour scheme for the Mercedes cars.

If there is more of this, it will just make me stop watching.
Same with any other sport.
I watch sport for the sporting aspect.

You don't see much BLM in boxing 🤣

I personally see BLM as human rights. Not political. I hope they continue at every race weekend. I can do no harm.

Perhaps not. But what if other drivers want to display their support for other organisations or movements they believe in? All of these drivers have huge followings and can express their support via their own channels. I just don't want to see a race weekend taken over by other agendas.

I agree with their End Racism message, What concerned me about Lewis' statement was that as a racing driver I have never heard one say that it wasn't their only top priority. Maybe it's taken out of context (he feels that there are just as important things in this world). Don't know

What concerned me about Lewis' statement was that as a racing driver I have never heard one say that it wasn't their only top priority. Maybe it's taken out of context (he feels that there are just as important things in this world). Don't know

Not many drivers get to 7 WDCs and still at the peak of their career in a good car.

So there isn't really many to compare hime with.

Perhaps not. But what if other drivers want to display their support for other organisations or movements they believe in? All of these drivers have huge followings and can express their support via their own channels. I just don't want to see a race weekend taken over by other agendas.

I agree with their End Racism message, What concerned me about Lewis' statement was that as a racing driver I have never heard one say that it wasn't their only top priority. Maybe it's taken out of context (he feels that there are just as important things in this world). Don't know
I’d like to think the F1 circus would be doing the same in supporting BLM and End Racism regardless of Lewis Hamilton’s presence.

It just so happens that he is a current driver and so people assume he is fronting the campaign.

A constant reminder at every race weekend will hopefully encourage worldwide change as opposed to letting the message fade into just a memory.

For fear of the mods getting involved in my favourite thread on MBClub I’ll say no more on the matter. 👏👍🙏

I think you are correct and as mentioned other drivers will have their own agendas for reform etc. including environmental issues and human rights in the F1 host countries. Whether we like it or not 'politics' is part of everyday life and therefore part of sport and some issues need to be addressed, especially if in direct relation to that particular sport.
For those who are lucky enough not to feel part of a 'human rights' or 'ism' issue, then it's much easier to say we don't want politics in sport or entertainment in general, but there is also a danger that these things turn into 'lectures' and in fact alienate the very people they hope to get on side.

For those that can't wait here is a countdown to Bahrain and Go Go Go !! 🏁

I think you are correct and as mentioned other drivers will have their own agendas for reform etc. including environmental issues and human rights in the F1 host countries. Whether we like it or not 'politics' is part of everyday life and therefore part of sport and some issues need to be addressed, especially if in direct relation to that particular sport.
For those who are lucky enough not to feel part of a 'human rights' or 'ism' issue, then it's much easier to say we don't want politics in sport or entertainment in general, but there is also a danger that these things turn into 'lectures' and in fact alienate the very people they hope to get on side.
A risk worth taking given nothing else has gotten through to them.

Anybody else think CH4 coverage better than SKY , although Sky has got better. I liked Ben Edwards on CH4. David Coultard' company creates the CH4 show I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom