Formula 1, Moto GP, WSB, 2021 Season

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
there is also a danger that these things turn into 'lectures' and in fact alienate

This.

And like HP73, that's the last from me on this topic on here.

Anybody else think CH4 coverage better than SKY , although Sky has got better. I liked Ben Edwards on CH4. David Coultard' company creates the CH4 show I think.
No. I prefer Sky and Martin Brundle.
Neither Ben Edwards or David Croft (Sky) do anything for me. They don't hold a candle to Murray Walker.

No. I prefer Sky and Martin Brundle.
Neither Ben Edwards or David Croft (Sky) do anything for me. They don't hold a candle to Murray Walker.
Nobody holds a candle to Murray Walker. To start with, he never had to fake his enthusiasm for motorsport and didn’t ever come across as someone massaging his own ego.

A quick one on Lewis and BLM . Whatever his plans for 2022 my guess is if he is not an F1 driver no one will take the knee in the pit lane before the race in 2022. The gesture is falling out of favour with sports persons of all races.

I agree with others on here, it would be great to separate sports from politics , but that's unlikely to ever happen 100%

Let's RACE !! :thumb:

I’d like to think the F1 circus would be doing the same in supporting BLM and End Racism regardless of Lewis Hamilton’s presence.

It just so happens that he is a current driver and so people assume he is fronting the campaign.

A constant reminder at every race weekend will hopefully encourage worldwide change as opposed to letting the message fade into just a memory.

For fear of the mods getting involved in my favourite thread on MBClub I’ll say no more on the matter. 👏👍🙏
Nothing with what you said mate, can't see why any moderation would be required :thumb:

AMR21

skysports-aston-martin-f1-cae_5291382.jpg

skysports-aston-martin-f1-car_5291394.jpg

skysports-aston-martin-2021_5291389.jpg

Anybody else think CH4 coverage better than SKY , although Sky has got better. I liked Ben Edwards on CH4. David Coultard' company creates the CH4 show I think.

Yes.

These rumours keep circulating and I think 2025 new engines etc. will see the big changes predicted with more names on the grid. I'm also really looking forward to the hyperclass at Le mans too, .. :)

Indeed. Wonder what Seb will name his. 🤔
If he wants a quiet life then he will name it after his partner ... Hanna ;)

I really like and respect Seb, his humour and understanding of English wit/sarcasm is great to watch as he teases English commentators. He a really good guy and has a great relationship with Lewis, seeing him congratulate Lewis in the car was a lovely and genuine moment ... 👍 They would make great team mates ... lots of respect and ... lots of fireworks .. 🤔

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG

Last edited:
These rumours keep circulating and I think 2025 new engines etc. will see the big changes predicted with more names on the grid. I'm also really looking forward to the hyperclass at Le mans too, .. :)

Can't help but thinking that devising the new engine format is going to be tricky.
As the future for road cars is electrification ICE powered FI has no relevance to the manufacturers. More emphasis on the hybrid elements possibly but that's the path to reinventing the EV - and there's already a formula for that.
Time to break loose from any 'benefits road cars' philosophy and instead make it all and only about the racing and use appropriate ICEs? But who would make them if the OEMs are absent? A resurgence of cottage engine builders?

Can't help but thinking that devising the new engine format is going to be tricky.
As the future for road cars is electrification ICE powered FI has no relevance to the manufacturers. More emphasis on the hybrid elements possibly but that's the path to reinventing the EV - and there's already a formula for that.
Time to break loose from any 'benefits road cars' philosophy and instead make it all and only about the racing and use appropriate ICEs? But who would make them if the OEMs are absent? A resurgence of cottage engine builders?

There's a lot of research at mo going into synthetic fuels which will not be fossil fuel based, meaning a combustion engine of some sort may still be part of our future. The main players are now onboard with ev and are already duping us with misleading planet saving shite.
We live in a mainly capitalist environment so just follow the money and you will find the usual culprits, until that changes the planets health is up for grabs and there is pro£it in 'greenwashing'. Clearly we do need to do something ... just exactly what though .. maybe stay indoors more and use vehicles less, ah but then electric use increases, yeah but that comes from a big windmill so we are saved .. 🤔

Haas VF-21

skysports-haas-f1-2021_5292203.jpg

skysports-haas-f1-2021_5292210.jpg

skysports-haas-f1-2021_5292204.jpg

skysports-haas-f1-2021_5292171.png

Some similarities to the Russian flag .. :oops: I wonder if mr mazepin suggested the new livery for the american outfit .. is that the sound of money talking I hear .. 🤔

Last edited:
There's a lot of research at mo going into synthetic fuels which will not be fossil fuel based, meaning a combustion engine of some sort may still be part of our future. The main players are now onboard with ev and are already duping us with misleading planet saving shite.
We live in a mainly capitalist environment so just follow the money and you will find the usual culprits, until that changes the planets health is up for grabs and there is pro£it in 'greenwashing'. Clearly we do need to do something ... just exactly what though .. maybe stay indoors more and use vehicles less, ah but then electric use increases, yeah but that comes from a big windmill so we are saved .. 🤔

No disrespect, but there's a few other threads dealing with environmental issues on the forum.

To pick up on the two items in bold. Synthetic fuel seems to be a Porsche/VAG thing. Assuming they do join F1, will the other teams readily accept what Porsche/VAG want to promote? I guess the FIA could mandate synthetic fuel (to be seen to be green) but with ICE axed for road cars the question then becomes.....

.... if F1 is seen by the manufacturers as not relevant to selling road cars and the 'capital' for ICE development vanishes - where will the next engines come from? Hard to see who can step in with the megabucks required to develop engines with the fuel efficiency they currently have so less fuel efficient engines would prevail. That's assuming there's sufficient money to be earned in supplying F1 engines alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom