Formula 1, Moto GP, WSB, 2021 Season

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Video conference to be held at 3pm on Thursday between Red Bull, Mercedes and the stewards. Red Bull need to submit new and significant evidence for the case to be reopened. I wonder what would happen if the stewards decide that Max was as much at fault as Hamilton?

Would be interesting if they handed Max a grid penalty in Hungary for his contribution to the Copse incident, though I’m not expecting that to happen or that the Stewards will modify the decision they’ve already made. That said, I haven’t seen the new significant evidence that Mssrs Horner et al have come up with. Can hardly wait…

Video conference to be held at 3pm on Thursday between Red Bull, Mercedes and the stewards. Red Bull need to submit new and significant evidence for the case to be reopened. I wonder what would happen if the stewards decide that Max was as much at fault as Hamilton?

I think this is a racing incident and that both drivers could have avoided it (despite Mr Horner's emotional remonstrations).

I go with the stewards' assessment that LH was predominantly to blame - and IMO that MV's lack of compromise contributed a minority proportion.

I think Red Bull wer very unfortunate that the outcome on the track was worse for them - but the situation in F1 is that drivers less blameless than MV have been eliminated from races. The situation these days is complicated by the restrictions on component changes. That means what happens to the car in one race can impact what happens in later races.

The situation was compounded by LH being one of the two drivers on the track with the equipment and capability on that day to make a recovery drive. The other driver in that situation was MV - so had the situation been reversed it's likely that MV could have won.

I think Red Bull are belittling themselves - if they can't deal with this situation when the majority of the season is stll ahead of us and the are still leading - then what sort of tantrums will we see later on?

If Red Bull want to argue for stronger sanctions against LH then I think they need to watch they don't hurt themselves. Suppose a few races down stream MV sticks his elbows out and ends up still on track but subject to a penalty ..... they should maybe consider that what goes around comes around.

I can't see the stewards changing their decision as it will open the door for others to dispute steward decisions in the future and cause a lot of headache and investigations - I don't think F1 will want to be seen as not being able to make the correct decision on the day. Not too sure what Red Bull would be happy with here? They won't get any points from the event and Lewis would potentially drop to 2nd if there was another 5 or 10 seconds added. However, Mercedes could then argue that Hamilton would have gone quicker to be at least 5 seconds ahead of LeClerc. Hamilton won't get disqualified which is probably what they are (wishfully) hoping for.

It was on the first lap and there is less chance of getting a harsher penalty in that scenario.

I can't see the stewards changing their decision as it will open the door for others to dispute steward decisions in the future and cause a lot of headache and investigations - I don't think F1 will want to be seen as not being able to make the correct decision on the day. Not too sure what Red Bull would be happy with here? They won't get any points from the event and Lewis would potentially drop to 2nd if there was another 5 or 10 seconds added. However, Mercedes could then argue that Hamilton would have gone quicker to be at least 5 seconds ahead of LeClerc. Hamilton won't get disqualified which is probably what they are (wishfully) hoping for.

It was on the first lap and there is less chance of getting a harsher penalty in that scenario.
I wouldnt be surprised if Red Bull are looking for a revised position/decision from the stewards that can then be used as a tool to support a law suit in order to extract monies/compensation from Mercedes. Not sure I understand what additional ‘incriminating’ evidence they will be able to produce, but I guess we’ll find out in due course. Could be a case of ‘be careful what you wish for’…

I wouldnt be surprised if Red Bull are looking for a revised position/decision from the stewards that can then be used as a tool to support a law suit in order to extract monies/compensation from Mercedes. Not sure I understand what additional ‘incriminating’ evidence they will be able to produce, but I guess we’ll find out in due course. Could be a case of ‘be careful what you wish for’…
Red Bull are in danger of becoming a team of protectionists and litigants rather than a racing team.

Horner et al are setting an appaling example of petty mindedness and unsporting behaviour in their approach to this matter which has already been settled.

So they may have incurrered a significant cost for repairs. Take it on the chin, that's racing or shall we encourage the teams that have also incurred considerable expense when they had drivers pushed off by MV to claim for damages?

If you cannot afford the costs then you shouldn't be racing.

This has soured racing in my mind, I have watched this incident several times and would definitely put this in the racing incident category.

Lewis was very nearly level coming up to the corner but at least we’ll alongside, strictly speaking it was Max that hit Lewis when he turned in, his wheel hit Lewis’s car.

The rules for F1 are so complex that most people don’t understand them nor really want to we just want good competitive racing and thats what we got.

It was a nasty accident but thank god Max seemed to be fine.

I just hope this is put to rest tomorrow so that the teams can just concentrate on racing.

Robin

Red Bull are in danger of becoming a team of protectionists and litigants rather than a racing team.

Horner et al are setting an appaling example of petty mindedness and unsporting behaviour in their approach to this matter which has already been settled.

So they may have incurrered a significant cost for repairs. Take it on the chin, that's racing or shall we encourage the teams that have also incurred considerable expense when they had drivers pushed off by MV to claim for damages?

If you cannot afford the costs then you shouldn't be racing.

Red Bulls antics are reminding me of Ferrari back in the 70's where they protested everything and because of Ferrari International Assistances they mostly got their way. A particular example of unsportsmanlike behaviour was the 76 British GP where James Hunt won a re-started race after a 1st lap crash. Ferrari amongst others protested because Hunt hadn't completed a full lap and he was later stripped of the result. The unsportsmanlike aspect was that it was the two Ferrari drivers coming together that caused the damage to Hunts car in the first place. Ferrari's attitude was if we can't win the race then we need to make sure our title rivals can't win either, which is exactly what Red Bull are attempting now.

If Red Bull do have some 'new' evidence, it can't be anything the stewards didn't already have as they have access to a lot more camera angles and data from both cars.
Perhaps they are going to show that Lewis' front wing flexed more than it should and caused Max's tyre to explode :banana:

Teams insure - or used to - their cars against losses. I seem to recall hearing that McLaren ceased the practice with Senna as he very rarely wrote off a car. Is Max un-insurable?

Mercedes also incurred a huge bill when Bottas had a smash with Williams - it was dubbed the £1m crash. I know Williams were not going to ask for cash from their engine supplier but even if it was another team, they would have taken it on the chin.

The cost of the repairs ~$xMillion does not make a lot of difference to teams like Red Bull.

What it does mean is that have just used up ~1% of their Annual Budget which seems to be the point being made.

So Helmet has said he expects their new evidence will shed a slightly different light on events and expects LH to be banned from the next race as a suitable penalty…
Quote:

Asked what penalty would be fitting for Hamilton, Marko replied: “A penalty that would have prevented a victory would be appropriate.

“So drive-through or a ban at the next race, something along those lines.

“But that's up to the stewards.
He should know the penalty is given based on the incident and not on the potential outcome of the race. As for 'up to the stewards' he forgot to add 'as long as it's in our favour'

The cost of the repairs ~$xMillion does not make a lot of difference to teams like Red Bull.

What it does mean is that have just used up ~1% of their Annual Budget which seems to be the point being made.
It makes a big difference this season now there is a budget cap in place.

😂😂😂

225361492_852128198760351_4485472742051612627_n.jpg

Saw that on Faceache earlier and did smile. Another example of Guenther being a knob. Not helpful IMHO when the players and managers undermine the officials.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom