Formula 1, Moto GP, WSB, 2021 Season

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So, the stewards deem Max was responsible for the incident. That being the case a 3 place grid penalty is very lenient penalty. Will probably take a new engine penalty and start at the back.

I wonder if Horner will agree (in his own words previously) that as he is predominately to blame perhaps Red Bull should foot the bill for the damage? Didn't think so...

LOTS OF PIT STOP REGS CHANGES.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
RUMOUR THAT THESE WERE MODIFIED AT MONZA AFTER THIS
MIGHT EXPLAIN LEWIS ' 4SEC TYRE CHANGE AND MAX 'S 11SEC CHANGE WHICH LEAD TO THE INCIDENT??

LOTS OF PIT STOP REGS CHANGES.
RUMOUR THAT THESE WERE MODIFIED AT MONZA AFTER THIS
MIGHT EXPLAIN LEWIS ' 4SEC TYRE CHANGE AND MAX 'S 11SEC CHANGE WHICH LEAD TO THE INCIDENT??
I believe so. There is a 'human factor' that has to be taken into account and it seems they made mistakes. Horner said the pit stop was done but Max wasn't released. Lewis' stop also seemed as if they were waiting for the 'OK' to release him. I have to re-watch some of the race because I missed how after Max's 11 sec stop, Lewis was so close to him when he came out. He was past Lando by then and he 'only' had a 4 sec stop. Did Max really make up so much time?

I believe so. There is a 'human factor' that has to be taken into account and it seems they made mistakes. Horner said the pit stop was done but Max wasn't released. Lewis' stop also seemed as if they were waiting for the 'OK' to release him. I have to re-watch some of the race because I missed how after Max's 11 sec stop, Lewis was so close to him when he came out. He was past Lando by then and he 'only' had a 4 sec stop. Did Max really make up so much time?
Max had just set fastest lap, so made up enough time to be on terms with Lewis who lost a couple of seconds in his stop.

Anybody watch the MotoGP race from Aragon today?
Brilliant battle between eventual winner Franco Bagnaia and Marc Marquez.
The final 3 laps were similar to the all time classic between Rossi and Lorenzo in the Catalan GP 2009.

About time MV was given a wrist slap, too many incidents this year where he's pushed the envelope, mostly with LH who has been sensible enough to back off rather than continue into a crash caused by MV. Can but hope it will be the necessary lesson to MV to do as LH does, take the longer view and sort things out on track rather than in the kitty litter! Personally speaking, I've lost a lot of respect for MV this season.

About time MV was given a wrist slap, too many incidents this year where he's pushed the envelope, mostly with LH who has been sensible enough to back off rather than continue into a crash caused by MV. Can but hope it will be the necessary lesson to MV to do as LH does, take the longer view and sort things out on track rather than in the kitty litter! Personally speaking, I've lost a lot of respect for MV this season.
I agree.

I’m actually quite disappointed, I was hoping for so much more from him. Maybe one day he’ll surprise me and turn it around. I’ll not be holding my breath though…

About time MV was given a wrist slap, too many incidents this year where he's pushed the envelope,

About three years too late. They should have come down on him hard earlier in his career.

The attitude in the Red Bull team is also part of the problem judging by the difference between Mr Horner's reactions and statements at Silvestone compared with his reactions today.

I think the actual problem is that Verstappen has set himself up that it is his right on track to take more and give less - even by the standards of a top level racing driver.

And I think that makes him very dangerous to others.

This could have been dealt with if the stewarding at races had been more consistent and effective during his first three years. Instead as an exciting and brilliant new prospect in a top team he was treated leniently and his team unconditionally backed him as their golden boy

About time MV was given a wrist slap, too many incidents this year where he's pushed the envelope,

With his current level of arrogance I don't see Max backing off. It would take 12 points on his licence and a race ban to do that and he still has 10 points to go before that happens. In the history of the super licence points system no driver has yet accumulated the full 12 points and received a ban which you can view as evidence of success or failure depending how you look at it. But guess which driver has received the most penalty points in total over the years - Max Verstappen. At 2 points an incident it doesn't seem enough of a deterrent at the moment. They can award more points in one go and they can ban a driver outright in one go if the incident is serious enough. So is it Max vs Lewis or Max vs the stewards.

Did Max say anything to LH as he walked past him after getting out of his wrecked car or did he just blank him?

Did Max say anything to LH as he walked past him after getting out of his wrecked car or did he just blank him?
Just blanked him as far as I could tell. Definitely didn’t speak to him. Has not accepted any responsibility for his actions either as far as I know. Seems that the 51G shunt in Silverstone has taught him nothing.

I read a lot of comments on Mercedes' social media last night and I know fans of each driver will see things differently but some people are seriously blinkered. Comments like

1. FIA is biased towards Lewis and Mercedes
2. 'Why should Max check on Lewis when Lewis celebrated when Max was in hospital'
3. 51G vs racing incident and Hamilton is favoured on both occasions

Stewards have to look at the incident itself and not the outcome/damage caused. These 'fans' seem to know little about how F1 works.

Joke of the day from Ted's Notebook:

'I wonder if Red Bull are going to hire out Monza tomorrow and get Alex Albon to try and recreate this one' :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom