Formula 1, Moto GP, WSB, 2021 Season

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wonder with this and the Grosjean accident we have finally convinced the anti Halo-ers?
We have lost far too many great drivers when this elementary safety provision was not in place. Ironic that the Paribolica at Monza has just been re-named after Michele Albereto. If he had have been in a closed car, or one with a halo back in 2001, that death could have been avoided.
I was at the at Lautzitring the day he was killed testing with Martin Brundle and Bentley. It was then obvious from the 'blow over' Sports car incidents that the death rate between closed and open cars was 0-5. As many other areas (such as strategy) Sports cars have been ahead of F1.
What still remains is that in F1, all the spectators know the name of every driver. In sports cars, all the drivers know the name of every spectator .....
I held an anti-halo view, but changed my mind ages ago. I think it was this incident at Spa that flipped me around.

Mercedes Debrief Italy

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

On the subject of Schumacher, a reminder that the 'Schumacher' documentary is out on Netflix today

I've read the reviews and have now sadly decided to give it a miss.

Pity really as I'd hoped it would be worth the watch.

On the subject of Schumacher, a reminder that the 'Schumacher' documentary is out on Netflix today
Just this minute finished watching it.

Some great F1 footage that I’d never seen. Great memories of the battles of that era including a severe talking to in his early years form a Mr Senna.

Lovely emotional pieces from his wife and children which makes it very obvious he’s a super husband and dad.

All and all very well put together. Glad we watched it. 👍

Why not give it a go Pat. What is it about the presentation that you don’t like the sound of?

Apparently the accident part is a sort of postcript and the unsportmanslike conduct is glossed over.

I was never a fan of Schumacher, in fact at one stage I positively hated him (my conclusion was he took Damon out as a tactical foul) but then came to like him (a little as a driver).

Was also never a fan of Alonso but I do now quite like what he brings.

If only everyone was Kimi or Dani Ric...... :)

Apparently the accident part is a sort of postcript and the unsportmanslike conduct is glossed over.

I was never a fan of Schumacher, in fact at one stage I positively hated him (my conclusion was he took Damon out as a tactical foul) but then came to like him (a little as a driver).

Was also never a fan of Alonso but I do now quite like what he brings.

If only everyone was Kimi or Dani Ric...... :)
Just watch it. 👍

241898199_831313694246805_2527969639792324095_n.jpg

VW and Red Bull engine collaboration in 2026 when MGU-H is dropped?

VW and Red Bull engine collaboration in 2026 when MGU-H is dropped?

Yes, I do believe this story has legs. Despite the VW Group showing no interest in F1 for decades, now could well be the time they jump in.
If there is a collaboration with Red Bull then you can be sure there would be no shortage of technology and resource. My own experience suggests VW motorsport do not do things by halves, and with a head start courtesy of Honda, this is likely to be one formidable power unit.
Whatever brand they choose to put on it will be immaterial to the performance.

Yes, I do believe this story has legs. Despite the VW Group showing no interest in F1 for decades, now could well be the time they jump in.
If there is a collaboration with Red Bull then you can be sure there would be no shortage of technology and resource. My own experience suggests VW motorsport do not do things by halves, and with a head start courtesy of Honda, this is likely to be one formidable power unit.
Whatever brand they choose to put on it will be immaterial to the performance.
With Mercedes, Audi and BMW pulling out of Formula E, will Porsche be next.
Leaving the VW group to choose anyone of their marques to partner RB.

I wonder when Bullsh!t will become a RedBull trademark?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom