Formula 1, Moto GP, WSB, 2021 Season

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
Just as well start a new thread for the 2021 season. Also added MotoGP and WSB as there is an interest with some members.

2021 Formula 1 calendar​

21 March Australia (Melbourne)

28 March Bahrain (Sakhir)

11 April China (Shanghai)

25 April TBC

9 May Spain (Barcelona)

23 May Monaco

6 June Azerbaijan (Baku)

13 June Canada (Montreal)

27 June France (Le Castellet)

4 July Austria (Spielberg)

18 July Britain (Silverstone)

1 August Hungary (Hungaroring)

29 August Belgium (Spa)

5 September Netherlands (Zandvoort)

12 September Italy (Monza)

26 September Russia (Sochi)

3 October Singapore (Marina Bay)

10 October Japan (Suzuka)

24 October USA (Austin)

31 October Mexico (Mexico City)

14 November Brazil (Sao Paulo)

28 November Saudi Arabia (Jeddah)

5 December Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina)

Where's DTM, FIA Hillclimb and NHRA Championships? Could this be an open class thread? Only members will decide.

I really don’t see why this needs to be wider than F1. If folks want a MotoGP thread, let them start one.
Cause Roger started the thread and he likes the MotoGP as well as F1? 😁

Cause Roger started the thread and he likes the MotoGP as well as F1? 😁
That’s fair enough. I wasn’t trying to stir things up and am quite happy to discuss wider motorsport topics two-wheels or four. Just think it might make the thread a bit cumbersome to be all inclusive. With an F1 thread, the odd post on WSK or MotoGP etc. is fine because the thread gravitates back to F1. That’s all I’m saying.

That’s fair enough. I wasn’t trying to stir things up and am quite happy to discuss wider motorsport topics two-wheels or four. Just think it might make the thread a bit cumbersome to be all inclusive. With an F1 thread, the odd post on WSK or MotoGP etc. is fine because the thread gravitates back to F1. That’s all I’m saying.
I know mate. Just playing with you. 🥳

Judging on past history, there would only be an odd post outside of F1. But I see your point.

Chemical giant Ineos to become a one-third shareholder in AMG F1
Chemical giant Ineos is to become a one-third shareholder in the Mercedes Formula 1 team.
It will have an equal shareholding with Mercedes parent company Daimler and Toto Wolff, Mercedes motorsport boss and F1 team principal.
The move reduces Daimler's shareholding from 60% and ups Wolff's from 30%.
Wolff, in charge of Mercedes F1 operations since 2013, has signed a new contract and will remain team boss and chief executive for three more years.
The 48-year-old "will have the subsequent opportunity to transition to a new executive function within the organisation when he decides it is the right time to do so," a statement said.
The statement added that Mercedes F1 would "remain the works team of Mercedes-Benz and will continue to race Mercedes chassis and power units in the coming years".
Daimler chairman Ola Kallenius said Ineos' decision to join forces with the Mercedes F1 team was "a sign of the strength of the organisation".
Kallenius added: "We remain firmly committed to F1, and the forthcoming cost cap along with the new shareholding structure put us in an even stronger position for continued success."

With Ineos buying into Mercedes with Toto, Daimler and Ineos now equal partners. Toto stays on and signs 3 year deal

Perez is apparently going to be confirmed in Red Bull seat today

I really wish I could get back into watching F1 but, despite c.1000hp, massive downforce and exotic locations I find it really really boring. If you think about it, achieving such a mediocre spectacle from such a recipe is in itself quite amazing.
Like I say, I wish I could enjoy it and I am very happy for, and somewhat jealous of those that do.

Also don't rush out to buy ev just yet as merc/petronas are about to release f1 bio fuel so hybrid could be answer to range anxiety and lithium shortage.

With Ineos buying into Mercedes with Toto, Daimler and Ineos now equal partners. Toto stays on and signs 3 year deal

Perez is apparently going to be confirmed in Red Bull seat today
Should he have a performance-related contract and if his times are similar to Albon or worse, should the drive be handed back to this season's number two driver?

We all judge drivers on what we can see but do we have any idea about what is going on inside of a team. Pierre Gasly who was given the boot and when back in his old team, he performs. Now we have what outwardly looks just like another failure, Albon and is he to be dumped out of F1?

I see we can discuss MotoGp and we have seen teams that have an exceptional rider that wins a World Championship with relative ease but their team-mates have never got anywhere near them and some of those riders have been ex-World champions.

If Perez cannot get within 0,3 of a second per lap of Verstappen, does that then make Perez a bad driver?

It's official. Perez replaces Albon at Red Bull.
The announcement due at 9am this morning was delayed until the Mexicans woke up:D

Should he have a performance-related contract and if his times are similar to Albon or worse, should the drive be handed back to this season's number two driver?

We all judge drivers on what we can see but do we have any idea about what is going on inside of a team. Pierre Gasly who was given the boot and when back in his old team, he performs. Now we have what outwardly looks just like another failure, Albon and is he to be dumped out of F1?

I see we can discuss MotoGp and we have seen teams that have an exceptional rider that wins a World Championship with relative ease but their team-mates have never got anywhere near them and some of those riders have been ex-World champions.

If Perez cannot get within 0,3 of a second per lap of Verstappen, does that then make Perez a bad driver?
The problem Perez might have is driving a car that will be primarily made to suit Max. Perez had eluded to the fact that if he doesn't get the Red Bull drive, he will take a year out and will be back in 2022 meaning he may have already have a contract ready for then. I would imagine Red Bull have only given him a one year contract leaving Perez an option for 2022.

I really wish I could get back into watching F1 but, despite c.1000hp, massive downforce and exotic locations I find it really really boring. If you think about it, achieving such a mediocre spectacle from such a recipe is in itself quite amazing.
Like I say, I wish I could enjoy it and I am very happy for, and somewhat jealous of those that do.
I think a lot depends on what the viewers’ expectations are. Go and watch F1 cars live and the way they get around corners or how quickly they pull up under braking, simply beggars belief. This doesn‘t really come across on TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom